▀▄▀▄💎𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 13💎▄▀▄▀

July
------------------------
3rd POV
Kairi was doing work in the dining room when he heard the front door slam open. He shut his computer, and went to investigate.

"Matti?" He called out, poking his head from around the corner. Said man was standing in the living room with a large cardboard box in his hands. "What the hell..." Kairi watched as Mattia gently set the box down, and waved Kairi over.

Kairi's POV
"Sit down, and close your eyes." He instructed. I did, and heard the box open. As soon as the thing touched my hand, I screamed.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THA-Oh my god, hi puppy!"

In his hands was a small, white Labrador puppy. It's nose was black, as were the eyes. "Mattia, where did you get a dog?"

He handed me the fluffy animal, and it immediately started licking my face. "My brother's dog had puppies, and I asked if I could have one. He said absolutely, so now we have a dog." Mattia explained. "Also, the pup is a girl."

"Good to know," I mumbled, barely paying attention to anything except the puppy in my arms. "Does she have a name?" I ask, scratching behind her ears.

"Not yet, I asked Gianluca not to name one, I thought we would want to do that together..." Mattia got up from his crouched position, and sat next to me on the couch.

I wanted to cry, this was literally the best surprise ever. She'd already fallen asleep in my lap. "She's so soft," I say, petting her back. Mattia copied the action, and she sleepily kicked his hand away.

"Brought her home literally today and she already hates me," He laughed. He said something about having to go pick up dog stuff from his brother, and I just waved him away.

"Wait Mattia," I call just before the door shuts. He stops, and turns back into the house. "Can you get my computer? It's in the dining room."

"Why can't you?" He asked, already walking to retrieve the item.

I gesture to the fluff on my lap. "I'm trapped."

•••

3rd POV
"I think you're my new favorite person," Kairi was in the backyard with the new puppy, who he still hadn't thought of a name for.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket, and pulled it out to see a text from Mattia.

Tia💜Got the dog stuff, coming home now.
Tia💜Also my parents called, they want to do a faylim dinner tomorrow night.

Kai❤️Faylim?

Tia💜Shit, autocorrect. Meant family

Kai❤️ Wait that gives me an idea, hang on

Tia💜 Idea for what

Kai❤️ What if we name the puppy fayliN?

Tia💜 I like it, but how it's spelled doesn't look right
Tia💜 What about faelyn? Or failyn?

Kai❤️ I really like Failyn

Tia💜 So do I, it suits her