▀▄▀▄💎𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 12💎▄▀▄▀

July

Also summa y'all boutta be real mad at me, but this is vital to the story line.
---------------------

3rd POV
"Whatcha doin?" Kairi felt strong arms wrap around his middle, and lift him up.

"Making cookies," He giggled, struggling out of Mattia's grip. "Put me down!"

He set Kai down, and rested his chin on Kai's head. "What for?"

Kairi cracked an egg into the bowl, and turned on the mixer.. "Alvaro and Alejandro are coming over for dinner tonight, so I'm starting a dessert now."

"Need help with anything?" Mattia asked, looking at the vast array of ingredients that Kairi had set out. Kairi shook his head "no", and cracked the second egg.

"Damn it," He muttered, stopping the mixer. "I got eggshell in the batter."

"You ruined it." Mattia said in a monotone voice. "My only source of happiness."

"Shut up, I already got it out." Kairi whacked him with the spoon he used to take out the shells.

"You got batter on my shirt!" Mattia complained again, wiping the dough off with a paper towel. "You're a brat, you know that?"

"Ok Dr. Seuss," Kairi shot back, noticing the accidental rhyme.

"What time are they coming over?" The older asked, tossing the towel onto the counter. Kairi scooped the dough into balls, and spaced them out on a baking sheet.

"5:30 I think." The brunet grabbed the tray, and slid it into the oven. "First batch is in."

"Yay, now to make sure they don't burn." Mattia said, hugging Kai from behind again.

Kairi turned and glared. "The soup was your fault, okay?"

Mattia chuckled, and walked out of the kitchen. "Keep telling yourself that, bubba."

------
Semi-Alvaro's POV

-Hey can I come over?- Alvaro texted. His hands were shaking, and he could barely see the screen. Kairi responded almost immediately.

-Sure, what's up?-

-need to talk-
-it's important- Alvaro He wiped the tears from his eyes, and went downstairs to grab his keys.

"I'm screwed," He whispered to himself, going back upstairs to grab them, and his shoes. "Ale's gonna kill me."

The short man ran out to his car, rain starting to sprinkle down from above. He got in the front seat, started the engine, and began to drive the familiar road to the Polibio's.

----

"Hey Aloe," Kairi smiled, opening the door. The smile dropped as soon as he saw Alvaro's face.

"Oh my god, what's wrong?

"Just needed to talk to someone." Alvaro's eyes watered as he hugged his best friend. "Found out something really big." He took off his wet jacket, and hung it on one of the hooks by the doorway, sliding his shoes off as well. Kairi led him to the living room, and asked if he wanted anything to drink.

"Something hot, like tea please." Alvaro sat down on the soft couch, immediately curling up into a ball. He was freezing from the icy rain. Kairi tossed a blanket at the other, and went into the kitchen. He came back with two steaming cups, handing one to Alvaro.

"Ok, spill the tea. Not literally, but tell me what's going on." Kairi said, curling into the other side of the couch.

"I don't really know how to put it," Alvaro hesitated, stirring his drink with the spoon. Kairi waited, sipping from his mug.