𝐀 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐘'𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇.

A PENNY'S WORTH.

maybe you're not healing because you're trying to be who you were before the trauma; that person doesn't exist anymore. there is a new person trying to be born. breathe life into that person.

         LUX MORGAN WAS nothing special

LUX MORGAN WAS nothing special. Just another girl from Mystic Falls, Virginia with dreams of escaping and traveling the world because small towns were so not her thing, not like she could do anything about that right now seeing as she was just another high school student. No, Lux was nothing ordinary, the most interesting thing about her being her name - Lux. Not the usual Emma or Olivia. The only other thing noteworthy would be her mother who raised her alone from birth overdosing. That caused a lot of sympathetic looks after it happened and Lux hated it.

She just wanted to be more than someone with a little sob story and an unique name. So when her Uncle Tim took her to a trip to New York and she had a little summer fling with a little bit of an older guy who made her feel so special, she threw herself into it. And when said guy offered to make her more than just an ordinary girl, she accepted it without thinking, which was exactly how she ended up dead. Well, undead.

Because Lux Morgan died during her trip to New York, but then she also woke up. Suddenly she could hear more than the ordinary human, she could run faster, and she had a desire to drink blood. This dude who made her feel special turned her into a bloodsucking beast and then left her alone with a pretty new ring on her finger that protected her from the sun. She was a clueless fledgling who was trying to figure out this vampire shit on her own while also trying not to alert her uncle that anything was wrong.

And it was fine. Over summer, after coming back to town, she avoided her friends to try and control her bloodlust before the return of school. She was fine. Honestly, truly, Lux Morgan the newbie vamp was thriving on her own. Okay, maybe she wasn't, but she was going to be because suddenly more vampires were in town and one of them was willing to teach her Vamp 101. Yep, she was absolutely thriving!

 Yep, she was absolutely thriving!