ii. Brothers Divided

two brothers divided

LUX FELT LIKE SHE WAS ON TOP OF THE WORLD. For once, she felt like everything was coming up Lux, and that luck was actually on her side again. She wasn't just some struggling vampire; she was a thriving one – like, actually thriving – and it was all thanks to Damon Salvatore.

          She had to admit, trusting a stranger wasn't always the smartest idea and could land her in trouble, just look at her and Ben's fling, but Lux was desperate. Like, incredibly desperate. The kind of desperate where if trusting and making a deal with a stranger meant having someone who could help her learn control, then she would do it.

          And she was just so happy, for the first time since before she turned, and it was all because she didn't kill her meal on the roadside. Damon taught her how to stop and use her blood to heal the wound because apparently vampire blood has magical healing powers and then she could compel the dude to forget everything – wasn't that a treat.

          But it was also fucking weird because now if she concentrated and looked people in the eyes she could force them to do something, could alter their reality, so she wasn't sure how comfortable she was with that. Right now, she would only use it on her meals and no one else because it felt like a major violation towards her uncle and friends.

          As she sped to the grill, she wanted to giggle and smile wildly at the darkening night, but she internalized it and only a small smile leaked out. Anything more dramatic would make her look insane and she wasn't trying to do that.

          When she walked in, she immediately spotted Bonnie and Caroline talking so she went over to them. "Please tell me I'm not late," Lux said as she got closer to them, because time had a way of escaping from her now and especially with Damon coming out of nowhere to help her.

          Bonnie shook her head. "You're not late, Lux. Elena, however, will be," she assured her friend.

          "Sucks to be her then," Lux laughed lightly before looking between them, "So, what were you talking about?"

          "The new guy Stefan Salvatore," Caroline answered, and immediately Lux' mind went to the thought of him being a vampire just like her and woah, "He lives with his uncle up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue."

          And he's a vampire, Lux' mind supplied to finish off the list, though she kept that to herself since her friends were blissfully unaware of the supernatural world and she hoped it stayed that way. She knows that she sure wished she hadn't met Benjamin and desired to be special because look how that ended up. Now, she's not only is she not special she's always a bloodsucking beast who just learned how to not kill people when she fed.