iv. Violent Emotions

four violent emotions

          SHE WINCED AS TIMOTHY'S FIST BANGED AGAINST HER DOOR. She was getting better at handling loud sounds, actually she was getting better at a lot of things. No longer did she have to kill everyone she fed from, thanks to Damon, nor did she have to go to the woods and hope that someone was wandering about them. Now, all she needed was some good compulsion, an empty alley way, and a victim. It was so much easier.

But this – at this hour – still got to her. Maybe it was because she wasn't expecting it, even though she should since he did it almost every morning. She wasn't on guard, too busy day dreaming in her own world and getting dressed to even fully recognize the footsteps coming towards her room.

"Breakfast is ready!" he yelled through the door and she winced again. That sort of volume simply wasn't necessary, especially since it was only a piece of wood between the two of them.

"One second!" she yelled back, straightening her shirt and then running her brush through her hair once more. Then, once satisfied, she picked up her back and headed to the kitchen.

She felt bad seeing that her Uncle Tim had already prepared two plates for them. It wasn't that she couldn't eat human food, she could, and it tasted fine, but nothing like it used to. The flavor wasn't as rich, the food wasn't as filling, it only held over cravings for blood for a little while.

But she didn't want to eat breakfast. She was full from dinner last night, and spending too much time with him made her feel guilty for the new changes that had been made to her. It wasn't her fault that she was a vampire now, but sometimes it felt like it, especially with how she chose to adapt to her new life. (E.I: ignore everyone and lock herself in her room for an entire summer!)

"Sorry, I don't have time to eat," she told him apologetically.

She watched his shoulders slump and smile deflate. "I even put blueberries in your pancakes!" he pouted, looking too much like a child for a grown adult, "Come on, you won't be late if you spend one minute eating with me."

"I told Caroline I'd practice some cheer routine with her before school," Lux lied. When she got to school earlier, accustoming herself with the heart beats and blood bags called people, it was easier during class to focus. She wasn't going to fail just because she couldn't keep her fangs in her gums.

"You never eat breakfast anymore. You used to always get sick if you didn't have anything in the morning..." Timothy added, sadly but also suspiciously.

"Well, you know human bodies...always changing," she said awkwardly, shuffling around. "I'll eat a banana in the car if it makes you feel better."