i. Positively Thriving!

one positively thriving!

          LUX WAS NOT A LUCKY PERSON BY ANY MEANS. No one with the last name Morgan and a tie to Mystic Falls was lucky. Instead, they were all cursed with terribly bad luck that ended up with none of their dreams coming true and lot of them with short lives before a tragedy. Lux should know; she had witnessed such a tragedy before and lived it herself.

But the story doesn't start with her bad luck, it started with her mother's because Delilah Morgan used to be such a promising figure. Top of her class in high school, dreams of heading off to New York and becoming a fashion designer before her high school sweetheart knocked her up and then fucked off to who knows where out of Mystic Falls when he learned he was going to be a bad, so already Lux had great origins.

No, begrudgingly, Delilah Morgan kept her child and nine months later out came Lux Morgan with her mother's platinum blonde hair and ambitious mind. People always said that Lux was going places, just like they said to her mother, and look how that turned out. Lux knew that she was the worst thing to happen to her mother, who dreamed of the Big Apple and all the money in the world to her name. She would've gotten it too if her mom hadn't gotten pregnant and had her, locking herself into Mystic Falls and working at the Grill because she couldn't work anywhere else.

It didn't mean Lux had a horrible childhood to accompany her. Delilah tried so hard to pretend that she loved being a mother and that getting pregnant at eighteen was always the goal. She tried to pretend that she didn't have dreams of escaping and never coming back to Mystic Falls except for holidays, but Lux saw through it when she got to middle school and old enough to see and understand her mom.

And she had her Uncle Timothy, who was like the best thing ever to young Lux. Her young, cool uncle who all her friends loved and who himself loved hanging out with young Lux. He was the one who give her the beloved nickname, only calling her Lux until everyone else did and switching it just so he could have something for himself and her alone.

But she still saw. Delilah Morgan never wanted to be a mother, wasn't meant to be one, and it was obvious with her short temper and how she began to pull away until young Lux Morgan found her mother dead. It was a tragedy and Timothy forced her into therapy after he took over custody for her since there were no other living family members, Lux' grandparents passing when she was a child.

Where Delilah struggled as a parent, Timothy thrived. He was absolutely meant to be a dad, and it didn't matter to him that instead of a child of his own he was getting the young teenage Lux because he loved her like his own and never treated her badly. She hated to admit it because it felt disrespectful to her mom, but she loved Timothy more and loved living with him more.