v. Monster to Monster

five monster to monster

LUX FLOPPED DOWN ONTO HER BED, FACE FIRST INTO HER PILLOW. She groaned softly, balling her fists into her comforter, willing the world to leave her for just a few moments. But she could hear Timothy milling about, the TV in the living room playing one of his ridiculous reality guilty pleasure shows, and her neighbors arguing with each other while their children pretended to be asleep, and the slamming of fists on a table. No, the world was not quiet, and it never left her alone.

         Little Lux Morgan who was nothing special, just another blonde girl from a small town with big dreams she would never achieve, turned into a bloodsucker with her little town getting a bit more bloody and murdered on. No, the world ignored her before, but now it never left her alone even when she begged it to.

         And when the world wanted to be loud, it was deafening. She groaned again, louder this time, and implored all her self-control not to rip apart her comforter. Her phone buzzed on the bed, and she lifted her head at the vibrations. She turned it over, looking at a text from Damon, absolutely the last person she wanted to think about. Emotions twisted inside her gut, thinking about the dinner at Elena's, the football game, dead Coach Tanner, and what Stefan had to say.

         Then a phantom ghosted over her face, caressing her features, and she could feel the imprint of his lips against hers, and she wanted to melt into the feeling. He's a monster, Lux. No. How could he be a monster when he held her so softly, when he found her at her lowest and taught her how to be a vampire who didn't have to murder everyone she fed on?

         She was the monster! Not him – not Damon. She was the murderer who couldn't control herself, she was the foolish little girl – forever a dancing queen – who said she wanted to live forever while being fucked and then ended up a vampire. She was the monster in all of this, and Damon was a saint.

         Stefan was a liar. He had to be, the words he calmly spoke to her were all lies, they had to be.

         Be my date to the founders day party?

         Ugh, she couldn't even think about that at the moment. She turned off her phone, and pushed her body around so she was staring up at the ceiling, closing her eyes and allowing herself to relive the memories of the night.

         "YOU'RE A VAMPIRE," Stefan muttered, looking at her with wide eyes. She stumbled momentarily, her grip loosening on his arm, remembering that even though she was more than aware of the fact that he was a bloodsucker, he hadn't known that about her.