7

Tell me what
you gon' do to me.
Confrontation ain't
nothin' new to me.

--

Chimdi's thumb hovered over the green dial button on her phone. Nene's name with infinity love emoticons came staring back at her.

She hated when they fought. Always rare and disastrous. But this time, she was certain she wasn't at fault.

Hell, they took sides with a boy they hardly knew and even called her a bitch. Indirectly.

She stared at her phone, her hands itching to click on the dial button. It felt like forever since she last spoke to them, when she just had a face off with them minutes ago.

They should be calling me too.

But they are not.

She wasn't the only one at fault.

She huffed, connecting her phone to her air pod instead, before bringing out her literature textbook.

Literature was a subject she'd gladly pay attention to, even in her dreams.

Giving detailed accounts on a character's role and laying out themes, brought out the literature goddess in her.

But at the moment, what she couldn't fathom was why she couldn't get herself to answer the question which felt so easy back in the room before the quarrel.

She looked at the question again, trying to work magic on them.

She stared back at the question, becoming confused by the minute.

The argument really messed with her brain.

Or the bitter truth that you are wrong?

Her sub conscience nagged, earning a frustrated growl from her.

She closed the voluminous text book, setting it down with a huff, before increasing the volume of her song.

Getting lost in the strange lyrics. She never knew the song even existed in her playlist

She felt her self slipping in, not minding that the assignment was due on Monday, which was the next day.

--

"Jesus Christ! What kind of weather from hell is this!" TJ cursed, searching for a nice shade. Anywhere to rest before continuing his trek back to the male hostel.

He had never trekked that long in his whole 17 years of existence. For all the long distant walk he'd missed out, he'd made up for then in span of two weeks in Nigeria.

He chuckled to himself, realizing that he loved every bit of the experience. Everything felt new, the feeling and adrenaline rush that came with the inevitable. He embraced every one of them.

Nigeria wasn't that bad, at least not yet for a while. The only problem he faced was a female. One who looked fragile.

How could one tiny looking being make him uncomfortable. If not scared.

Trying to wrap his mind around his present situation, he didn't hear his cellphone ring, till the familiar sound of his ringing tone brought him out of his reverie at the second ring.