Chapter 4 - The Porcelain Dragon

I watched the elevator shut in horror, too stunned to even recognize what the hell was going on. "Are you fucking kidding me?" 

"Did you take care of your situation yet, super?" The idiot let out a deep chuckle and stood opposite from me. He leaned back on the wall of the elevator and put his hands in the pockets of his black pants, his dark hair messy on top of his head like he had been running his hands through it all morning. 

"Are you stalking me or something?" I said, my voice dripping with irritation. 

He dryly laughed at my question and rolled his eyes. "Me stalking you? You're at my workplace. To me, it seems like you might be stalking me." 

"Oh, don't flatter yourself. I have better things to do than stalk an asshole like you, like watching paint dry or sitting in the middle of traffic during rush hour," I shot back with a glare. 

"Woah, woah, woah. Why so hostile? I'm concerned, that's all," his eyes glimmered with mischief and a stupid lazy smile was practically carved into his face considering it's been there since he realized it was me in the elevator. "So what are you doing here, super."

The question was more of a statement than anything. 

I felt anger begin to ignite within my chest and I knew that I needed to control my temper in my new workplace. I shut my eyes and brought one hand to my temple and one hand to pinch the bridge of my nose. I tried to focus on my breathing before I blew a fuse. 

Knowing he could tell he was getting under my skin, I was absolutely not surprised to hear him say, "You know if you need help putting in the tampon, I don't mind. Just say the word and I'll spread your legs no problem."

"Does your mother know you talk to women like this?" I said through clenched teeth. 

His face hardened, what once was a crooked smile turned into a hard line and his eyes seemed to darken as he straightened his composure. He closed the distance between us with one long stride and my back pressed against the wall. 

His whole body pressed against mine, trapping me in place, and he gripped my chin. I looked up at his eyes, hardening my facial expression further to match his as he glared down at me. His body was hard, and although he was covered in layers of his suit, I could tell that underneath the clothes, his smooth skin laid over toned and strong muscles from head to toe. 

If looks could kill, the two of us would be the last two standing before we both dropped dead at the same time. "If you ever talk about my family again, I'll come after yours the same day. In fact, I'll fucking drag you with me and make you watch. Do I make myself clear, super, or do I need to set an example of what I'm capable of." 

I said nothing as we continued our killer staring contest; his deep emerald eyes cloudy with anger while studying mine, the burning hot skin of his hand still on my chin and his body still pressed against me. I studied his face as he studied mine, and I couldn't help but notice how prominent his facial structure was. His cheekbones were high and defined, his nose perfectly straight and deep in his green eyes were specks of black, like a forest under his thick lashes. Both of our chests were rapidly moving up and down to match the adrenaline flowing through our veins, and I became extremely aware of his intoxicating scent. 

He was beautiful. Perfect, almost, and I couldn't stop myself from comparing his beauty to Bianchi's. Bianchi was beautiful in an angelic way, to an extent, and the man pressed against me was exotic. It wasn't the first time I've seen a man with dark hair, olive skin, and green eyes, but the way they were put together on him made it clear that he was blueprinted and carved by God Himself.