Chapter 2

After dinner, Gabe and the high-ranking wolves had retired to the Alpha's office. Although he only wanted to talk with the Alpha. The old man had insisted that his Beta and Lead Warrior be present.

"So what is it that you want to talk about, boy?" Alpha Andrew asked, watching Gabe warily.

Gabe bristled at being called a "boy", taking a calming breath, "I want your assurance that whatever we discuss here does not go beyond these four walls."

"That depends on what you have to say." Alpha Andrew responded.

Taking a different approach, "I noticed how protective you are of your women. May I ask why?" He asked instead.

Alpha Andrew leaned forward, first gazing at Gabe and then to his Beta, "We have our reasons." He deviated.

Gabe took a deep breath, the Alpha was not making it easy, "You might not know this, but my sister was kidnapped not long ago. If it was not for Alpha Eli coming to the rescue, she and a bunch of girls would have been lost forever." Gabe decided on the direct approach, "I was sent to investigate your pack, since your pack's name appeared as part of our investigation."

Alpha Andrew growled, "And you thought what? That we were part of the kidnapping."

"We had to check all avenues, your pack was one of them." Gabe responded calmly, undeterred by the dominance of the Alpha.

Before the Alpha could utter another word, Gabe held his hand up, "It's not that I want to disrespect you, it's just that the situation in hand has become very sensitive in nature. We have traitors amongst us, thus necessitating the secrecy in my coming here."

"So what do you want to know?" Alpha Andrew asked, sitting back and assessing Gabe.

Gabe began to explain in detail the situation, "So I ask again, has something happened that requires you to protect your women." Gabe asked.

Alpha Andrew gazed back at his Beta, "It is your choice to tell him."

Gabe looked at the Beta, "Anything at this point could help us..."

Beta Garrett slumped in defeat, "My daughter and her best friend, went in search of their mates. They have disappeared without a trace, we searched their last known whereabouts, coming up with nothing."

"And how long have they been missing?" Gabe enquired, "And where were they last seen?"

"Almost six months." Alpha Andrew responded, "They were nearing Lunar Pack. But according to your Alpha, the girls did not reach there."

'And their names...?" Gabe asked.

"Raven and Grace." The Beta spoke.

They were all silent for a moment, each deep in thought.

"It is too much of a coincidence, that Ryker had your pack name written on a piece of paper. We just need to connect the dots." Gabe contemplated, "Have there been more girls missing in your pack?"

"No...but now we make sure that any potential mate comes here, rather than the girls go out looking by themselves." Alpha Andrew spoke.

"I'll have to speak to my brother, Leo and Alpha Eli. Perhaps, with their help, we can further investigate the missing girls." Gabe spoke, frustrated that he had hit a dead end.

For Gabe it had been a fruitless journey, coming up with nothing. After talking to Leo, it was decided that he would make his way back, making sure to visit any packs along the way and discreetly investigate, if any of the packs had girls gone missing.

After being given his orders, Gabe bade farewell to the Alpha and Beta of Eclipse Pack, with the promise that, should he hear or see anything, he would let them know.

Gabe had may his way back slowly, he was still far from Lunar Pack, so far he had found a couple of girls who had gone missing, the list was getting longer by the day.

It was late in the evening and he was a couple of miles away from reaching Eli's pack. Tired, he decided to search a place to rest, first stopping to fill his truck with gas and to get some sustenance, before he stopped for the day.

Leaning against his truck, while it was filling up, he texted a message to Eli, informing him of his plans and that he would see him sometime in the morning.

When he was hit over the head from behind with force...