Chapter 9

Meanwhile back at the pack house, in the Alpha's office.

Everyone around the room tensed, after hearing Gabe's mate admit that it was her brother who had captured and tortured him.

Alert...Gabe made sure to gaze at everyone and to protectively keep his mate by his side.

Daring anyone to attempt anything with a glare, he would not allow anyone to harm his mate.

He might still be weak, but he will fight to the death to protect what was his.

Not wanting confusion at the loyalty of his mate, Gabe looked directly at his brother, "I will show you what I have seen, once I am completely healed. But trust me, as your brother, that she will do no harm."

At Leo's tense nod, "Thank you..." Gabe spoke, standing warily up, "I think it would be best that we retire for the evening and when I'm able to show you, I will open the link to those present here and nobody else."

Angel hid her face against her mate's chest, clutching onto his shirt, only realizing then, that with the marking, she had opened herself completely and that her mate had seen her memories.

"You need to be checked out." Leo spoke.

Gabe stopped, looking back at his brother, "It has been 24hrs since I was last injected with wolfs bane, it should be out of my system soon and with our past experience, we know that our mate is the best medicine."

"Then I suggest that both of you get some food and rest," Leo conceded in defeat, watching as his brother left the office.

"Do we trust her?" Mason asked, the moment Gabe and his mate left the room.

Leo gazed at his parents, "What do you think?" He asked them.

Kara, their mother glared at him, "He is your brother, the same blood as yours, runs through his veins and he has never ever given you doubt, too not trust him. Why should it be any different now?"

"It's true, son. Your brother has always been loyal to his family. We should trust his judgment." Rafe, their father spoke.

Leo huffed in frustration, with everything going on, he just wished that they had a moment of peace, "I guess you are right." He responded tiredly, raking a hand through his hair, "Does that answer your question?" He asked Mason.

Mason shrugged, "I trust your brother, it is her...I don't trust. So, I will reserve judgment until I know better." After all, he had a larger reason to be wary, especially with his mate and unborn child nearby.

Everyone understood where Mason was coming from, he had a pregnant mate to worry about.

"We will make sure that Raven is always protected." Leo promised his friend and Beta.