Chapter 10

For two days, they remained ensconced in the new living quarters that Gabe was assigned too, after Mason had requested to change places with him.

For those two days, Gabe and his mate talked, got to know each other, cuddled, a few heated kisses and spent as much quality time, as they possibly could, in that small time frame.

Gabe, not for one moment thought his mate would ever betray him, she had after all taken a huge risk and saved him.

On the third day, Gabe knew that he had to set things straight with his family. He was now healed, he could connect with his pack and it wasn't right that his mate had to remain hidden, for not only her own protection, but also the protection of others.

"Leo..." He mind linked his brother, "I am ready to talk."

"We will be waiting in the office." Leo responded back.

At that, Gabe and Angel made their way down, entering the Alpha's office, where his parents, Leo and Mason awaited.

"Let's just get the preliminaries out of the way." He spoke out, getting straight to the point, "Then we can discuss any issues required."

With an affirmative nod from Leo, Gabe opened his link to his brother, sharing the memories of his mate.

Everyone remained quiet, as they each processed the images filtering through their minds.

Gabe pressed his mate closer to his side, sensing and feeling the tension radiating off her.

"Well...that definitely explains a lot and any doubts are eliminated." Mason grudgingly spoke, breaking the silence surrounding them.

Both Leo and Gabe glared at Mason.

"What...I am only saying what everyone is thinking." Mason replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"You do realize...that your mate is even in greater danger, than we all realize." Kara spoke, looking directly at Angel, "If the traitor or traitors amongst us sees her and recognizes who she is, they might just want to shut her up permanently, before they are caught."

Gabe growled, "Over my dead body, will they get anywhere near her."

Angel looked up to her mate's stern face, placing a hand on his cheek, "You can't fight against fate...if it's meant to happen, I don't want you or anyone to try and stop it."

A pained expression crossed his face, "You are my mate, my life...without you, there is nothing worth living for."

She smiled gently up at him, "I don't want you or your family to get hurt."

"It's you..." A voice spoke, surprising everyone in the office, they had been so absorbed in the interaction between Gabe and his mate, that they hadn't heard the office door open.