Chapter 6

Gabe woke up eventually, satisfaction coursing through his body, when he gazed down at his mate, still sleeping peacefully.

With gentle fingers, he combed the stray hairs covering her face and gazed lovingly at his mate.

Frowning when he noticed the fading bruises on her face and neck, in the daylight he could now clearly see, what he had not previously noted, when he was down in the dark basement.

Understanding dawning on him, when he remembered the fear lacing her voice, whenever she spoke of his captors. Apparently, he wasn't the only one suffering at the hands of those who had captured him.

Wishing he could go back there right now and kill them all, for daring to hurt his mate, wondering how far had they gone to keep her submissive.

His musings came to a stop, when he felt her stir beneath him, holding his breath, as she opened her eyes and stared back at him.

Neither were able to break eye contact, cupping her face, he bent his head, brushing his lips against hers, groaning in pleasure at the feel of her soft lush lips against his, seeing the flare of desire in her eyes at the slight contact.

Gabe claimed her lips once more, wounding his hand into her hair, as he deepened his kiss, the sweet taste of her went to his head, his tongue delved inside her mouth, swallowing the gasp she emitted, desperate to sate the ache in his groin.

Angel wound her arms around his neck, rejoicing when he crushed her to him. One taste of him was only enough to make her crave more of him, her body straining against his powerful frame, needing to be closer.

His mouth traced down her throat, touching and teasing. Reaching a spot, that had her gasping in pleasure, pressing his head firmly down, enjoying the graze of his teeth against the sensitive spot on her skin, pleading for him to mark her.

Gabe growled in satisfaction, his teeth elongating, piercing her soft flesh, his hands holding her firmly in place, as he bit down and marked her as his.

Angel first screamed in pain, then moaned in ecstasy as her mate finally marked her as his.

Blind with lust, she pushed through the haze of desire, to search the spot on his neck, where she would mark him. A desperate need surged through her, needing to possess him.

Finding the spot and driven with need, she pierced his skin, latching on firmly, finally making her his.

Their bond snapping into place, their thoughts and feelings intertwining into one, binding their souls together.

Gabe groaned against her skin, the feeling of connection flowing freely through his body and soul.

As they both withdrew, Gabe cupped her face with both hands and gave her a passionate kiss, unable to control the need he had to keep touching her and keeping her close to his body, wrenching his mouth from hers, "You are forever mine now..." He gasped out, breathing harshly.

"As you are also mine..." She replied huskily and out of breath, gazing at him with love.

Gabe smiled, embracing her and pressing her gently against his body, his chin on her head. Growling internally in frustration, wishing they were somewhere more comfortable and that he was stronger, to be able to complete the bond.

"Where are we...?" He asked, finally registering the area that they had remained hidden.

Angel was too content to move, "We are a few hours away from Lunar Pack..." She mumbled, keeping her head on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart, "I thought it would be safe to bring you there, it was as far as I could think of to get away from him..."

Tears forming in her eyes, as memories of her brother flitted through her mind. Forgetting in that moment, that her mate could now see and feel what she had suffered.

Gabe was hit with an onslaught of emotions and images, each worse than the next, seeing helplessly as his mate suffered continuously at the hands of a monster and his capturer, vowing to kill the man at the first opportunity he gets.

Stroking his hands soothingly on her back, wishing he could take the pain and suffering away.

For a while, they sat there, giving each other comfort, "We need to get to Lunar Pack..." Gabe finally spoke, breaking the silence surrounding them.