Chapter 7

At that, they agreed to get moving, deciding to fill up at a nearby gas station and to get some sustenance, both alert and wary to their surroundings.

As they were nearing the borders of Lunar Pack, Gabe knew he had to come clean, placing a hand on his mate's arm, "I think it would be best if you let me drive the rest of the way..." He gently told her.

"What? Why...?" She asked him, quickly glancing at him, before staring back at the road, "You are too weak to drive."

"I am the Lead Warrior of Lunar Pack." Getting straight to the point, "If they see me...then we won't have any problems." He informed her, concern edged in his voice.

Angel frowned, with everything going on, they hadn't discussed much about their personal lives, she had only been focused on getting as far away as possible from her brother.

"Hey..." Gabe spoke, "They won't harm you and we can discuss all the technicalities in a safer environment."

Angel sighed, she trusted that her mate knew what he was talking about, agreeing to let him drive the last few miles into Lunar Pack.

Gabe took control of the truck, wincing in pain, grumbling in his mind, wishing that the wolfs bane had left his system, then he could have contacted his brother earlier and informed him of their arrival.

Nor did he have his cell, to call anyone, blanking his thoughts and worries, making sure his mate didn't suspect his concerns.

As they crossed the pack borders, Gabe took note of the eyes following their movement, noticing the wolves running through the trees.

Staying calm, they reached the pack house without incident, "I suggest you come out on this side and stay close to me." He quietly spoke, gazing at his mate intently, reaching his hand out for her to take.

Angel heard the seriousness in the tone of her mate, not wanting to cause problems, she nodded her head, placing her hand in his and following him out of the truck.

Leo watched as the unidentified vehicle approached, having been warned about its unexpected arrival.

Standing to attention, with Mason by his side and a few guards around, Leo waited for the occupants to climb out, "Well...I'll be damned." Leo muttered, recognizing the form of his missing brother, relief swamping him, as he quickly descended the stairs and approached his brother.

Gabe slowly made his way around the truck, his mate tucked to his side, looking up, he saw his brother approaching him, "Hey Bro...long time no see." He lightly joked, grinning at his big brother.

Leo shook his head, "Still the annoying one...I see." A smile appearing on his face for a moment, before he frowned sternly, gazing at Gabe intently, "What the hell happened to you...you were supposed to be at Eli's a week ago. Then...nothing."

"Sorry...got side tracked." Gabe spoke, taking a deep breath, as his body still hurt, "Let's just get inside and will explain everything."

Leo nodded, noticing the protective way Gabe held the girl against his side, turning and going back into the house.

Once Gabe had been warmly welcomed by all, especially the loving hugs from his parents, they all settled in Leo's office.

Leo, Mason, their parents, Gabe and his mate.

Gabe informed them all of the capture, his escape, finding his mate...leaving nothing out since the moment he was kidnapped.

Leo listened and watched, while questions were asked by all and congratulations were given.

Happy that his brother was safe and had finally found his mate, "First of all I want to welcome you to the family," Leo spoke to Angel, giving her a comforting smile, "But, if it's not too much, may I ask who took Gabe?" Leo enquired, first looking at Gabe, then gazing directly at Gabe's mate.

Angel squirmed under Leo's gaze, grateful for the protective embrace of her mate, "My brother...Griffin." She stuttered, shuddering in fear at the revelation, wondering if Gabe would hate her.

Gabe gave her a reassuring squeeze, he already knew the consequences of her life, having seen it all after their marking, he held her in no way responsible for the acts of her brother.