Chapter 17

For Angel it was a new experience to see how pack life worked, all she could remember of her life, is being moved from one place to another. And that the women and children were treated as slaves.

Here, she could clearly see that things worked differently, that everyone was treated equally and fairly. They all seemed happy and content to be staying within the Lunar pack.

"Oh...look!" Kara spoke up, pointing in a direction, "There is Megan, she is my daughter's best friend"

Angel looked up at the direction the former Luna was pointing, stiffening...she grabbed the Luna's wrist, "I think we should leave it for another time."

Kara frowned, looking back at Angel, "What is wrong?" She asked, concern in her voice.

"Let's just get back to Gabe and I will let you know." Angel responded, still with a firm grip on the Luna's wrist.

Not wanting to upset her son's mate, Kara nodded her head, seeing the slight relief pass over the young woman's face.

Angel made sure to keep her face hidden, as she quickly sought out her mate, her mind in turmoil. To have seen that woman here, she feared that her brother already knew where she was.

Sensing fear and tension coursing through his body, Gabe was immediately alert and before he could leave the office, the door opened unexpectedly and his mate stood there, fear in her eyes, searching the room for him.

As Angel finally locked eyes with him, she sobbed out and flung herself at him, holding tightly onto him.

Gabe held his mate firmly in his embrace, confused as to what had happened, looking over to his mother, "What the hell happened?" He asked.

"I don't know son. We were doing fine and then when I wanted to introduce them to Megan...this happened!" Kara exclaimed, searching the comfort of her mate, still unsure of what is happening.

Gabe frowned, cupping his mate's face, "What is going on?" He asked her gently, wiping the tears streaking down her face with his thumbs.

"He knows...where...to find me." She stuttered out, gazing back at her mate.

"Who?" Gabe asked.

Shaking her head, "My brother...she would have told him the moment I arrived here." She murmured lowly, fear in her voice, clutching at his shirt, she gazed pleadingly up at him, "She is dangerous, you cannot trust her."

Gabe was prepared that her brother would attempt to find her, but what he was not prepared for, was for Angel to oust the traitor within their pack,

"Who is she...who are you talking about?" Leo ordered, having come to the same conclusion as Gabe.

Angel shuddered in fear, "Megan..." She whispered, still keeping her eyes locked onto her mate's, distinctly hearing the gasps behind her, but her only focus was on her mate, needing his assurance that he believed her.

"That is impossible." Leo growled, "We have known her since she was in diapers and let's not forget that she is Keira's best friend."

Still gazing at her mate, "Please..." She whispered, "I am telling you the truth, I saw her at some of the meetings I was forced to attend. She is Ryker's lover and she is working with them."

Gabe heard the sincerity and truth in his mate's voice, "I believe my mate, Leo." He spoke, looking towards his brother, "After all...we were always looking at others, meanwhile she had access to our comings and goings."

"But...why would she do something like this!" Kara exclaimed, "She is after all family."

"I guess we will only find out, once we interrogate her." Gabe replied.