Chapter 4

Angel was anxious to see if her mate was alive, but without permission, she could not go downstairs, unless ordered too.

Two days had passed, before she was allowed to go to the basement, gathering her supplies.

Anxious to see her mate, slowly making her way in the dark and stale room.

Tears formed in her eyes at the sight of her mate.

He was hanging by a chain, his upper torso bared and filled with cuts and bruises.

His head hung low, she wondered if he was even breathing.

Her heart beating at a fast pace, she slowly made her way towards him, "Please let him be alive." She prayed.

Placing a trembling hand on his muscular chest, she sighed in relief, when she felt his strong heartbeat.

Gabe regained consciousness, when he felt the tingling sensations on his chest. Opening his eyes, he gazed at the small female before him, "Who are you...?" He rasped out, his throat and mouth dry.

Angel gasped in shock, stumbling back, "I'm Angel..." She stuttered out, staring directly at him.

Gabe felt the instant connection when he locked eyes with hers, "You are definitely an Angel..." Coughing at the strain in talking, wandering if he was dead, because the woman before him, could only be described as an Angel, blonde hair and the bluest eyes he has ever seen.

Reaching into her supplies, she retrieved a bottle of water, slowly making her way towards him, she lifted the bottle to his lips, "Well that is my name and what should I call you...?" She asked, as she helped him to take sips of water to quench his thirst.

"Thank you, Gabe..." He responded, after taking a few refreshing sips, quenching his thirst.

"I'm sorry he did this to you..." She apologized, placing her palm on his cheek.

Gabe closed his eyes, savoring the feel of his mate's hand on his skin, "Can you help me...?" He pleaded.

"Not right now, he is upstairs..." She warned him, "I need you to stay strong for a little bit longer. I promise I will find a way...please don't give up." Placing a light kiss on his lips, turning to leave.

"Don't go..." He begged.

Stilling, she gazed back at him, "I have too..." She pleaded for him to understand, "If he suspects anything, then we both won't make it out."

Placing one more kiss on his lips, "I promise that I will be back..."

Gabe watched as she left him, feeling lost and lonely, he wondered how long he had been held captive.

The beatings he could have handled, but they had injected him with wolfs bane and chained him with silver.

He had to be strong and believe that his mate would save him...