Mirio Togata | Gaming Night - 💖 Fluff 💖 (Requested)

A/N

Requested by  @0ne_Weird_Tiger

This is SUCH a slow-burn! Like, I got TOOOOO carried away!

Words: 2362

~

"I told you I'd beat you at air hokey!" The loud blonde exclaimed to Hado.

"Yeah yeah," She waved her hand at Mirio. "I'll beat you next time!" She claimed.

You laughed at her comment. "Puh-lease! Mirio is the undeniable champion at air hockey." You grinned. "Yo, Tama, are you any good at air hockey?" You asked him, having your favorite shy ravenette join the conversation.

Tamaki looked up from the floor. "I'm o-okay, never been that great at it though..." He said. You smiled at him. You were really glad that Tamaki has been warming up to you.

You were out at your local arcade with your best friends, the big three. You've all been dying to go, but everyone would either have to reschedule or couldn't come last minute, causing the entire operation to be canceled for that day. Mirio has honestly had enough of putting this hang out on hold for so long, so the second out classes were over he practically dragged us over here, only giving us a chance to grab a jacket. So you all were still in your school uniforms, even though you keep insisting to use your portal quirk to grab some clothes for the squad.

"Oh my god! They have those driving games! Quick! Let's play a round!" Hado exclaimed.

You waved your hand at her. "I'll sit this one out, as fun as those are, I've never been that great at them."

"Mirio?" She asked.

"Hm?" He said, looking back at Hado. "Oh! I would, but I'm kinda hungry." He smiled. "I can go grab some food, want anything?" He asked.

"Yeah yeah, one sec-" She nodded. "Amajiki, I know you're good at this game; PLAY IT WITH ME!" She said, well, more like demanded.

Tamaki quickly nodded and hopped into the seat next to Hado.

"I'll ask again, want any food?" Mirio asked with a laugh.

Hado looked back at him. "Oh! Yeah, can I get some of that French toast that they serve?" She asked. Mirio nodded.

"I'll h-have some, uh, pork roll dumplings..." Tamaki said.

Mirio turned to me. "And for you?" He asked with a big smile.

You shrugged. "I don't know, I've never seen the menu." You answered.

Mirio's face warmed up for a moment and he playfully put his arm around your shoulders. "Then you can just come with me!" He said, you nodded and told the two racers that you'd be right back.

Mirio led you towards the little cafe/restaurant that's connected to the arcade and hopped into line. While you scanned the menu, you didn't notice the blonde was scanning you.

Mirio really hoped that you would join him to get food with him. As much as he liked Tamaki Amajiki and Nejire Hado, he'd find himself often having you in his mind. In fact, you had become such a recurring thought in Mirio's mind to the point where he actually took note of it and tried to figure out why.

Mirio had played with the idea of a crush, in fact, that was his first idea, but he quickly shut that idea down. You'd been his friend since middle school, so he doubted that he would all of a sudden find you attractive, well, at least more than you already are. He questioned if he just really liked your company, which was true all on its own, but that didn't really solve his dilemma.