Smart yet Athletic

The next day Ushijima wanted nothing but to talk to you.

After doing some research he found out that you used to be the Ace of the female volleyball team but decided to give up your spot in order to focus on your studies.

"Hey Tendou-san"

Ushijima approached his red headed friend in order to ask about (y/n) from her middle school days to last year.

"Oh so your interested in her huh?"
He nodded
"Well she's basically the female version of you... except not as dense"

Ushijima tilted his head in confusion as his friend  laughed right in front of him.

"Well if you really wanna know..."

*FLASHBACK TIME*
A/N- I'm really sorry I couldn't think of anything.

"Hey (y/n)-senpai!"
A middle school girl approached (y/n) during practice.

"Hmm? Yes?"
(Y/n) was setting a ball up for the winged spiker of the team while talking to her kohai.

"C-can you teach me how to spike a ball like you do?"

She stopped.
She called someone over to take her place and walked to the younger girl.

"Ok! When your spiking you're gonna want to-"
BAM

"(N/n) chan!!! Wanna get lunch with me???"

The red head bursted into the gym and leaped on the girl.

The whole gym turned silent as the ace slowly turned around and gave him a mean glare.

"I'm speaking with someone."

He immediately ran off to the cafeteria seeking refuge in the volleyball team.

"She's scary yeah but she cares about her underclassmen and her team."

Ushijima tilted his head again.

"How is she like me again?"

"Well she looks to be stoic and dense at first."

Tendon turned around to face his captain.

"But she's very skilled athletically and socially. She can easily read emotions and thinks about her words before she says them."

The bell then rang and they headed to class.

Ushijima thought about Tendou's words about you for a while before you greeted him.

"Hello Wakatoshi-kun."

(Y/n) sat next to him and proceeded to read her textbook for English.

"Hello (y/n)-chan"

They sat in silence as the teacher began lecturing some girls for being late

(Y/n) threw a sheet of paper in front of Ushijima and continued to look through her file of other sheets of paper.
"That's the captain of the team your going to play against in the first round of the Spring Tournament."

Ushijima looked in awe at the paper, for everything was organized and well thought out. It gave all their weaknesses and flaws in their technique and spikes.

"Where did you find this?"
Ushijima looked at the girl next to him with a stern look.

"I have contacts with many coaches around the country.... my parents work with the school's Physical education board"

She smirked at him and the teacher scolded them for talking in class.

During lunch Ushijima was studying the paper she had given him.
The paper she had wanted to give to him.
This was for him.