Graduation + Family Drama

It seemed like the day would never come.

But it had to come eventually. You were wearing your graduation cap and robe and sitting in the ocean of students. You felt like everything you had done has finally paid off.
Your volleyball skills got you a scholarship to the same college as Ushijima and the two of you were going to be able to play alongside each other once again.

Your name was called and you walked up to the stage and shook hands before walking back down. It had felt like your best accomplishment had happened and you wanted to find Ushijima and hug him. Your brother got the whole mafia thing settle by simply explaining he had someone else. You looked I tot he crowd and saw him waving at you while having one arm around Terushima.
You saw your mothers eyes tearing up and your father gave you a thumbs up.

-

After all the students got their diploma, your mother wanted to hold a feast and invite all the family members. You remember from your childhood that your mom's side was all business and your dads side was all about fun times.
Your grandma used to teach you Shogi and made you wear kimono's while your dad's mom let you wear whatever you wanted as long as you were comfortable. Your aunt was snobby and always wanted a competition with your mother. Your other aunt was sweet and had kids of her own and lived in the countryside where they owned a farm.
Your cousins on your moms side took after their mother. Snobby and looking for competition. Your uncles were rich and only stuck to the best, your uncles on your dads side we're fun loving and always looking for a good time.

As your driver was driving you and Ushijima to the venue, you fiddled with your ring. He put his hand on yours and gave you a reassuring smile. This was the first time your other family would find out about your engagement. You smiled back at him and gave him a kiss.
They never really payed attention to the media and your dad's side lives on the countryside.

As you pulled up to the venue the two of you put on your rings and headed out. You held onto his arm as you told the hostess your reservation.

"Right over here! Also can you tell the lady to put down the chair.."

Your head snapped to your aunt playing with her kids and was running around with a chair.
You were reminded why you never attended the family reunion. You enter the room and all eyes turn to you and Ushijima. He awkwardly put his hand up and waved.

"LOOK AT HIM HES SO HANDSOME!"
Your dads mom yelled and your dad's side all crowded him. Your cousins were asking him all sorts of random questions. Your aunts and grandma were all over him. He was overwhelmed so you pulled him away and your Grandpa pulled him aside.

"He's a strong one! He's gonna be a big help around the farm when they come to visit!"

You turned to see your cousins hanging from his arms. You laughed and took a picture.

"F/n."

Your smile faded as you turned to see your other grandma wearing a expensive dress and your grandpa wearing a nice suit. The rest of the your moms family were wearing expensive outfits while whispering about the scene. You were lucky that Ushijima came from a rich family and had a green thumb.
After everyone calmed down your family sat down. They served the food and your dad's side was really confused.

"What is this Y/n??"
You little cousin pulled on your dress.

"It's seafood. You eat it like this!"

You showed him how to prepare it and the rest of the family followed your lead. The other side of the family silently judged as you, Ushijima, your mom, and dad were all silent as the dinner went on.

"Why did you think this would be good idea?"
You whispered to your mom.
She shrugged. She stood up and tapped her glass which got the attention of everyone.