part 9

My eyes shot opened as I quickly sat up to look around only to find myself in Louise's room and I let out a breath I was holding in, and I looked down to see I was still in my suit from last nights dance and Louise was still peacefully sleeping. Looking outside the window the sun was up, so getting up and walked towards my rig and I put it on with my face uncovered. As I walked over to the bed so I could wake Louise up I saw my daughter sitting on the table.

Eleanor: Daddy has a secret he never told me, but now I know that very secret you hid from me... You ... Monster.

Images flashed in my head of an accident that happened on the Ishimura.

Y/N: I-It was an accident.

Eleanor: An accident that you caused.

Ignoring her I walking back to Louise I gently put my hand on her shoulder and moved her slightly to wake her up.

Y/N: Louise... Louise wake up.

Louise: Hmm ah morning Y/N.

After getting her dressed we headed towards the princess Henrietta's palace and once we were their we greeted the princess with a bow.

Henrietta: Congratulations and well done, Louise Francoise.

Louise: Thank you so much your highness, but I am really not worthy of such a title.

Henrietta: But what you achieved has made you worthy, Louise Francoise. You lead the capture of a thief that had the palace up in arms for some time. And I give you my thanks as well trustworthy familiar.

Y/N: I only did my job as a familiar.

Henrietta: I trust you I can count on you to take care of my dear friend in the future.

As she said this she offered her hand and Louise seemed to freak out a bit.

Louise: Your highness stop you mustn't offer your hand to a familiar!

Henrietta: To protect you is equal in my eyes to swearing to me personally, I must give something in return for such an oath of loyalty.

Taking her hand I kissed her hand and she seemed to have a bit of a blush, but we continued our conversation.

Henrietta: I have a favor to ask of you.

Louise: Anything princess.

Henrietta: I would like the two of you to take some time and live out in the village for a little while.

Y/N / Louise: The village?

Time skip

After buying some clothes from the village which means I had to take off the rig for a bit we left the store.

Louise: Hmm. Its so dull.

Y/N: Louise, you said we needed to dress like peasants.

Louise: I just don't understand why we can't get clothes that are more fashionable.

Y/N: We don't want to stand out especially with my rig, and with the favor that the princess asked it makes sense.

Louise: Of course, I knew that.

Flashback

Henrietta: This is a permit sanctioned by the palace.

As the princess gave Louise the permit I waited as Louise spoke up.

Louise: You want us to do some spying for you down in the main village? 

Henrietta: Lately I've been hearing rumors about some nobles that were oppressing peasants, treating them without care or dignity. When I asked those in the area all of them said that such a thing would never happen. As the nobles were good role models for the peasents. However seeing the case between you two and count Mott I cannot leave them as simple rumors anymore. Therefore I would like you to investigate what's happening in the village while maintaining a cloak of total secrecy, understand? This is going to be a very difficult job.