Chapter 4

When I got home it was 8:47.  The first thing I did when I walked into my apartment was plop myself down on the couch and pull out my laptop.  I immediately FaceTimed Matt.  He picked up after 3 rings.

"Hey (Y/N).  Good game right?" He asked with a lot of enthusiasm in his voice.

"Yeah it was sick, but I have to tell you something."

His face got serious. "You're pregnant?"

"What?! No!!"

He laughed so hard and I smiled and rolled my eyes.  Then he asked, "Okay now actually what is it?"

"So after the game I met Tyler Herro an-"

He cut me off.  "No way that's sick!"

"Wait wait.  I'm not finished yet.  After I found out that he was the one that almost hit me with his car the other night and-"

"You almost got hit by a car the other night?!?!"

"Yeah yeah, but that's not important.  The important thing is that he asked me out and I have to text him first cause I have his number, but he doesn't have mine."

His jaw dropped.  "(Y/N), I'm coming over right now."  He hung up before I could say anything else.

After about 10 minutes I heard a knock on the door and sure enough it was him.  I opened the door and he started walking right in without even looking at me or saying hello.

"Okay gimme your phone."  He said.

"Hello to you too."  I said while handing it to him.

"Have you at all thought about what you are going to say?"  He asked.

"Uhhhhh... no?"

"Dude this is the opportunity of a lifetime and you're acting really chill about this!  If you date Tyler Herro then I could say my best friend is dating an NBA player and we'd get tickets to all the Heat games and then if you have kids I could say I am the uncle to Tyler Herro's children."

I squinted my eyes and just looked at him. "Uhhhhh... okay... I mean, at the end of the day he's a person just like us."

"Now (Y/N) you know that's not true."

"Okay well are you going to help me or not?"

"Yes, you need it."  He started typing away on my phone and hit send before I could tell him to stop."

"Nooooo!  What did you say?"  I yelled.

I grabbed my phone back and he sent a text that said: Hey it's (Y/N)

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I yelled with a higher tone in my voice.

"Well what was I supposed to say?"

"Nothing!  You were supposed to say nothing!  Are you the one he asked out?  No!"

The phone vibrated while I was holding it.

"AHHH!!!"  We both screamed at the same time.

"I don't know if I can look!"  I said.

Matt carefully took my phone out of my hands with his eyes closed and slowly opened one eye while holding my phone away from his face.  He looked relieved.

"It's just your mom."  He said.

"What does it say?"