Chapter 15

Tyler drove us back.  We went straight to bed when we got there.  He took off his t-shirt and I put it on to sleep.  I slept in a big, plain white t-shirt with underwear, but no bra.  He slept shirtless with black shorts.

As I was lying there, Tyler rolled over and put his arms around my waist.  I became a little spoon. I started blushing.  We fell asleep like that.

I woke up at an acceptable hour this time and walked into the kitchen to see Tyler drinking a protein shake for breakfast.

"What time's your practice?"

"Good morning to you too."

"Oh, my bad. Good morning."

"My practice starts at ten."

It was 8:30.

"I didn't know you could get up before noon." He teased.

"Why would I when I could sleep for as long as possible?"

"Fair enough.  I got to get going.  Jimmy wants me there early."  He went to go pick up his gym bag off the couch.

"Shouldn't you put your shake in something other than a glass?"

"Oh, shit. I'm a mess." He got a water bottle out of a cabinet and poured his shake into it.  He put the glass in the sink and started to leave, but then looked back at me.

"I'll see you later."  He closed the door.  I heard him lock it.

My phone started to buzz.  It was still on the kitchen counter.  It had a super low percent.  I plugged it in and checked it.  I had a text from Matt.

Matt:  Josh is coming home earlier than he was meant to.  He'll be there tonight and I'll be there at like 3

Me:  K

I didn't really want to go back though. I know I may be the biggest idiot in the world, but maybe boing in with Tyler wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I was really bored so I had breakfast and made the bed and did the dishes. I did the laundry and changed into my own clean clothes for the first time in days.

Suddenly, I heard a scream from below. I quickly walked to the balcony and saw a stork chasing this woman. I laughed. Some man started to try and chase the bird off.

I looked to my left.  I had never been on the balcony before.  There was a beach there and it looked really pretty.

I started to get a call from Matt.  I picked up.

"Yo.  How was your trip?"

"It was good.  I just got back to the apartment and I see where you left the key."

"Oh, yeah.  My bad.  Where was it?"

"On top of one of the boxes.  I still don't understand why you would leave the apartment without the key."

"It was an accident.  I'm sorry!"

"I guess everything happens for a reason.  I should come pick you up."