Chapter 12

"Yo, Tyler!  What are you-"

Tyler looked over his shoulder to see Jimmy Butler staring at us.

Jimmy noticed me and frown on Tyler's face.  "Look, man.  I only tried to do what I thought was best for you."

Tyler started walking back to the locker room, but hit Jimmy's shoulder with his as he walked past.  Jimmy looked pissed at me.  He didn't say anything and then walked towards the locker room behind Tyler.

That was really freaking awkward.  I kind of just assumed that Tyler would text me later.  I also had no ride home now and a long walk because Matt and Josh's apartment was a mile from the arena.

It was dark and late.  Everyone was celebrating outside the arena.  There were drunk guys yelling and parents trying to rush home with their kids. My head was killing me. It was so loud.

I was planning on getting an uber, but I'm completely broke.  I started walking.

During my walk, I started getting a little scared.  It was late and I was alone again.  My phone started ringing.  I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

I recognized Tyler's voice. "What? I left."

"You better not be walking."

"Ummmmmmm... I uhhhhh... would never..."

"Stop walking. I'm gonna get nervous as hell."

"What was I meant to do?"

"Stay where you are. I'm coming to get you."

I told him where I was and about ten minutes later he pulled up and I got in.

"Isn't this not the way to your apartment?"

"I ummm... had to sell it."

"What? Why?"

"I couldn't afford the medical bills for my stay in the hospital."

"You should've called me."

I looked at him. "...I tried...."

"Oh... yeah."

"So where am I meant to go?"

I gave him the address to Matt and Josh's apartment and he drove there.

"Are you sure you're gonna be fine alone?"

"Yes. I'll call you in the morning."

I got in the apartment complex by using the code at the front door.  The apartment complex that they lived in was a lot bigger than mine so it had a reception.  I knew the day time worker, but I didn't know who the late night shift worker was.

I went up to the apartment and then realized that I didn't have the key.  I left my key in the apartment.  I tried opening the door, but it wouldn't budge.  Why the hell would the doors self lock?  What a stupid thing to do.

I pulled out my phone to try and call Matt to find out if I could get in somehow, but my phone was dead.  My phone never dies.  I always make sure it's charged and the one time I actually need it, it's dead.

There was a window at the end of the hallway where I could see the front of the building.  I checked to see if Tyler was still there and he wasn't.  I couldn't do anything.  I sat down outside the door and just tried to fall asleep.

I was sleeping when I felt a large shove on my shoulder.  I looked up and there was a police officer and the receptionist behind him.

"Excuse me ma'am."