Chapter 14

We got into the apartment.  I felt dirty.  I needed a shower, a toothbrush, and some new clothes.

I didn't bring up the fact that he held my hand. It just confused me even more. We're we dating or...?

Tyler plopped himself onto the couch and started up his PS4. He started to load GTA.

"Yo Tyler, can I shower?"

"Yeah. There's a clean towel in the closet over there." He pointed to a white door by his room door in the hallway.

I awkwardly started speaking. "Do you have a razor by any chance?"

"In my top bathroom drawer. There's a couple ones I haven't used."

"Sick."

I went to go shower and shave while he played GTA. I cleaned myself off and then put on the same clothes I was wearing before.

There was a hair dryer plugged into the wall by the mirror in the bathroom already. I used it.  Then, I put the clothes that I was just wearing back on which made me feel slightly less clean.

I looked in the mirror and saw that the bruise on my cheek was starting to fade.

I walked out into the living room and saw Tyler sitting on the couch, still playing GTA. I started thinking to myself what it'd be like if I did chose to live here. It would be a huge risk though. If things didn't work out then where would I go?

I sat down on a stool at the peninsula in the kitchen. I was just thinking to myself, when Tyler gave me a huge hug from behind. I felt really warm when he wrapped his arms around me.

He stopped hugging me then went to go get a glass of water.

"I have a game tomorrow."

"Knicks, right?"

"Yes."

"I know I'm not supposed to say easy win, but easy win."

"But the Knicks are the best organization ever."

We both laughed at that.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"Naw, I'm good."

He took a drink of his water.  "So did you think about it?"  He asked.

"Moving in?"

"Yeah.  I don't wanna rush you or anything, but..."

"Yeah.  I still don't know."

He quickly changed topics.  "We should go out tonight"  He grinned.

It was already 6:30 so it was going to start getting dark soon.  "Now?"

"Yeah."

"Where are we gonna go?"

"I'll surprise you.  Give me a second."  He started going to his room.  He came back out in a few seconds with a long black sock.

"Oh, hell naw.  This is gonna end in me getting murderer or some shit."

He smiled.  "C'mon just trust me."

I knew he wanted to blindfold me.  "Why should I?"

"It'll be like our first test.  If tonight goes badly then we shouldn't move in together."

"That's a big risk."

"Yeah, but I trust myself.  One rule though."

"What is it?"

"Neither of us can bring a phone."

"Okay, now this really sounds like you're going to kill me."