Chapter 16

"Wait wait wait wait wait. So you're moving in with someone who's not your boyfriend and someone who you met maybe a couple weeks ago."

"Well when you put it like that, it sounds bad."

"Can you get me an Advil. There should be some in the compartment in front if you."

"Okay. Why?"

"You give me head aches."

I reached into the compartment and gave him an Advil.

"When are you gonna tell your parents?"

"If they ask, which they won't, I'm living with you and Josh."

"What do you mean they won't?  You didn't tell them about the apartment?!"

"You know how they are!  They're so overprotective.  They'll get worried and they shouldn't have to worry about me."

We started to get to his apartment.  "We're here, which means this conversation is over.  Thank god."  Matt said.

We got inside the building and started going up the elevator.

"Last time I was here, I got handcuffed and shoved into the back of a cop car."

Matt rolled his eyes. We got to the apartment and went inside. I lied down on the couch.

"You seem really pissed off, Matt."

"I'm not pissed. I just think you're being dumb, but you can learn from your own mistakes."

"Cut it out, dude."

He grabbed a water. "By the way, did you and Tyler have sex yet?"

"No."

"Wow you're really doing things in a weird order here."

"Plenty of people move in together and don't have sex."

"Most of those people are friends who cannot be sexually attracted to each other or related."

"Whatever. What time is it?"

He looked at his phone. "Almost 4:00.  Why?"

"I'm hungry.  I haven't had lunch yet."

"What did you want?"

"Anything."

"I'll make you some spaghetti and meatballs."

"Yes!"

Matt and I were having dinner when Josh showed up.

"What's up my dudes?" Josh said when he walked in. He had his suit case and in one hand.

"A lot." Matt said.

"Why? What happened?" Josh asked.

"You wanna tell him Mrs. Herro?"

I rolled my eyes. "Tyler asked me to move in with him and I said yes."

Josh looked a little shocked, but then fine. "Congratulations."

"What do you mean?! Isn't it too fast?" Matt was quick to jump in.

"Who cares? Have you seen the way Tyler looks at her? They'll be fine."

"Thank you." I said.

We finished our dinner and I plugged my phone into an outlet before I went to sleep. I crashed on the couch.

I woke up early.  It was 8:40.  I showered and got changed into fresh clothes. I got out and had some cereal and then just watched Netflix until Josh came out.