Chapter 7

I woke up to see that Tyler was already gone with Matt's clothes and there was a pink sticky note on the kitchen counter.

I checked my phone, saw that it was noon, and that I had 3 missed calls from Matt and one text from Josh, who was our other close friend.

Josh: Dude I haven't heard from u in ages. Matt told me u need to tell me something urself cuz he didn't wanna but he seems hella excited about it. Broooo gotta lemme know

Me: Lmao maybe bro. I've been wanting a pair of those new AirPod pros recently...

I got up and checked what the sticky note said. It said: Next time maybe we can sleep in the same bed? I'll text you after the game

I blushed a little bit and thought fuck.

It took me about 45 minutes to make the bed into a couch again and make my own bed as well. Then I called Matt and Josh to see if they wanted to come over. They said yeah and came over at 2.

When Matt and Josh walked in, Matt immediately started telling me about how Josh has been bothering him all morning.

"You need to tell him (Y/N). I can't put up with him any longer."

"W-w-wait. Don't tell me. I can guess. You and (Y/N) are dating! I think I cracked the code here boys." Josh said while staring at me and Matt.

"No..." I said in a very disappointed tone.

"Well, I mean, what else could it be? Why would I not know about it?"

"I just forgot to tell you, that's all."

"Okay, well tell me now."

"So I went on a date yesterday," Josh's face turned serious, "with an NBA player."

"A WHAAAAT?!?!"

"Shhhhhhh!!! I have neighbors you know!"

Matt was dying of laughter. "Tell him who." He said.

"Tyler-"

"HERRO?!??" He screamed while cutting me off.

This time Matt joined me in shushing Josh.

"I thought you going out on a date was the news. You never leave the apartment. But with an NBA player too! Oh my goodness."

"Now that that's out of the way," Matt said, "can I please talk about my date last night."

"Woah woah woah, hang on bro. I just found out. I need to know other things too." Josh said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Did you have sex?"

"No!"

"Kiss?"

"No."

"Nothing?"

"I take my time."

"Fair enough."

"Okay. Now can I please tell you all about this girl." Matt said.

"Yes." Josh said.

Matt told us all about his horrible date and laughed about it for a little bit. Then Josh pulled out his switch and we played Super Smash Bros Brawl for about two hours until Matt rage quit and got mad at us. It was hilarious.

"Game tonight at seven." Josh said while ordering a pizza.

"How do you feel about that, (Y/N)?"  Matt asked.

"Guys, it's just a game."

"Tough one."  Josh said.

"If Tyler doesn't do well, you're gonna have to be the one to cheer him up."  Matt said.

"I'm sure he'll do great.  And besides, if he's not doing great, then Spo won't give him a lot of playing time anyways, so if they lose it won't be his fault."  I said back.

"I don't know if I trust that logic very much."  Josh said.

"Yeah, wouldn't he be more frustrated if he doesn't get much playing time.  The 2K characters are always annoyed that they don't get much playing time as rookies."  Matt said.

"Guys.  Tyler's a great player, he'll do fine."

When the game started, everything was great.  We had pizza and soda and were all sitting on the couch ready to watch a good game.

It was horrible.  The Heat lost by 19 and Tyler only scored 5 points in the 20 minutes that he played.  Yikes.

"Well it looks like the boys were right about this one." Matt said.

I sighed. "At least it's want a home game." I said.

"By the way, (Y/N), we painted our apartment today and we were originally gonna stay in a hotel for the night, but uhhhh... now that we're here..." Josh said.

"Yes, you can stay."

"Sick!" Josh said.

"I left some clothes here right?" Matt said.

"Oh... about that. I sort of gave em to Tyler after he showered..."

"Tyler Herro wore my clothes?! Nice!"

I laughed. I set up the couch as a bed, once again and went to my room. It was 10 and I was exhausted. Then my phone buzzed. Before I answered it, I changed into my pajamas and gave my friends some towels in case they wanted to shower, even though they know where everything is.

Tyler: Please tell me you didn't see that...

Me: You win some you lose some

Tyler: That was terrible.

Me: Okay well next game is against the Wizards and you can all redeem urselves there

Tyler: I don't know if I can show my face on a court ever again😂

Me: Talk about dramatic lol

Tyler: You should come to next game

Me: Like I have the money lmao

Tyler: 😂😂😂 I'll pay and you can bring your friend who's clothes I stole

Me: Hahaha
Me: R u gonna give those back btw?

Tyler: Idk I kinda like them

Me: Yikes he is not gonna be happy bout that

Tyler: That's why I'll make up for it by paying for a ticket to the next home game

Me: I'd feel bad, it's so expensive

Tyler: Too late, already bought em

Me: Damn outsmarted

Tyler: You can thank me later

I was getting tired so I said goodnight and he did too. Then I fell asleep.