Thirteen

Questions were asked and answers were given. Not all for and from me. But the one question I had to answer I knew the response immediately.

Do I want to change guardianship?

More than anything.

And after everything was said and done, Jazz took us back to the house. Jack and Maddie aren't here, and I'm fine with that.

Once we're inside, I face her. We both stand in the middle of the living room not sure what to do now.

I embrace her in a big hug. I'm not one for affection, or any lovey dovey gooey stuff, but I'm just glad I have her as my sister. "Thank you, Jazz. I love you." I say.

She pats my back twice and rubs, "I'm glad you'll be getting out of here soon. It puts me at ease." Her arms squeeze once and relaxes. My own arms fall from the hug too.

"Go ahead and pack your bags I guess. If you need anything, I'll run to the store." She gives a small smile. I return a grateful expression and nod.

Turning, I hop to the staircase and lean on the rails. "Oh, Danny." I look back at my sister, "Did the doctors give you any pain killers that you should be taking?" Now that I think of it, wasn't Jack or Maddie supposed to pick them up from the pharmacy?

I shake my head 'no' anyway. There's no use for them now anyway. The sprain itself is gone and a pretend til after a couple more days. Or, "My ankle feels a lot better anyway. I feel like I could walk normally by tomorrow. Really."

It looks like she's ready to protest, but a knock comes to the door. She hesitates but turns around.

I take this chance to turn invisible. I could make a run for it. Or I could float there. No, too much risk of losing focus of invisibility or intangibility. Someone's at the door, so I'll just run.

And I'm off to my room.

Voices come from the open front door, but I'm already closing my own door to pay too much attention. Time to pack all of my belongings.

I'm not too worried about going into the system and all. The only worry is when I'll see Jazz again, but she has college anyway so the time spent with her wouldn't be largely gapped.

I know for a fact after I'm in the system, and everything's said and done, Jazz goes back to college far from me. But I'm not going to be the one to stop or hinder her from reaching her dream of becoming some sort of therapist. I already hate how I put her education on hiatus because of the accident and then getting me out of this family.

As much as I hate my parents, they're smart I'll admit. Maddie is tactical and analytical. Jack has smarts too, but ghost-wise. Anything to do with what's coming up in court, he'll be hopeless without Maddie.

We'll have be careful and smart with how we put her and her husband in jail. We need witnesses, Jazz and the rest will be there, and proof of the complaints. While in the Social Security's building, miss Dreame mentioned the court issues will be neglect and child endangerment.

Neither is wrong. Plus the sooner they're locked up, the sooner Jazz can get back to her studies. I'll miss her, so much.

But we do have an advantage. We have both my doctor and a social worker with several witnesses. That doesn't mean they have a definite mean to go to jail though. There's still the fear of all of our work going to waste.

On another, less stressful note, I'm back in the safety of my room. I go back to being visible.

I pick my Cosomonautics Day book from my shelf. It talks of the first space travel on April 12, 1961. It's not celebrated in the U. S., but is in Russia. I've read this book a plenty of times to recite it by heart and it's still interests me.