Twenty Five

I get back to the mansion. Vlad was somewhere I couldn't care so I  head to the room I reside in.

When I get to my room, it's empty. I walk up to my shelf to find a blue print of one of Jack's inventions. I'm finished with what homework I've been given, so now I should have time to memorize and transfer some details to my notebook.

From what I'm seeing, it would've been a low-energy beam gun. Nothing to seriously injure a ghost, maybe to stun them or hurt something weak. The information is for something that should be about the size of a normal hand gun.

I need to borrow a few things from school. Like a welding stick and supplies. It's possible they may have some of the things I'd need to build a reasonably sized ecto-gun.

I couldn't ask Vlad, he'd get suspicious. He'd ask me why and even if my skills at lying are better, they still aren't enough to get past someone like Vlad.

Just like Madeline.

But I also have to remember, I at least have to give him a chance. I just don't have to trust him. Simple enough.

Close but wary, I can do that.

I just need to be on time tomorrow morning. I wasn't slacking off, I was genuinely tired. Even with Ember's help, setting the phone up took a long time.

I jot down a few bullet points. Red wire would be the energy's source of power. Getting a strong conductor such as silver, gold, and if I'm feeling really dangerous, aluminum. Blue wire would cut off the controls such as the trigger and safety switch, it could still go off. There would be exactly 12 screws.

I need to find a good container for the condensed ectoplasm. Preferably metal and the size of my palm. That'd be where the 'bullets' would've gone if it hand any. Instead it has a contained amount of ectoplasm it releases at a time.

I draw a doodle of what it should look like in the right corner of the page. I then close it and put it back on the semi-bare shelf which consists of unhung, rolled up posters and a couple of books. A few other shelves in the room have books that were here when I got here, but I haven't messed with them any. Instead I keep them far away from each other, to avoid confusion or accusation.

There's also a few small knick-knacks like a tiny rocket ship I think Jazz found beside a broken arcade game. A rubber band is also chilling there.

I walk over to the mostly empty closet attached to my room. While there is a dresser and wardrobe outside, I have decided to hang the clothes Vlad had given me in the closet. Making sure nothing was getting wrinkled in fear he'd yell at me or something of the sorts.

I hang the suit for tomorrow up on two hangers close to the door. The socks placed in the shoes below the outfit. It's so I can slip into it easily without having to go from rack to rack in this room of a closet.

I make my way to my dresser that holds the jeans and tees, the clothes I'd wear when I was in Amity. I carefully take my uniform off to set it on my desk for next week. I'll ask if Vlad could wash it sometime during the weekend. If you even wash it, do you dry clean?

I put the jeans and t-shirt on, already feeling more comfortable. The uniform feels almost heavy after a while.

I check the time. It's a while 'til dinner. I wonder if he's mad enough at me to make me skip a meal. But then that'd ruin part of his plan for the whole running thing in the morning.

I think I have time to call her. I take out the torn piece of notebook paper with the number on it. I take a deep breath and start to dial.