01 | BrainDead

CHAPTER ONE(First Person Point of View)"More than One Apocalypse"

CHAPTER ONE
(First Person Point of View)
"More than One Apocalypse"

YEAR 2120 - 2:50 PM
- THE START OF THE UNDEAD ARC -

"Right here, ma'am." A sales clerk of the Dog Shop lends her help to a me my two other friends.

"This is called a Pomeranian, you would have to have a lot of time in taking care of him. He needs a lot of attention when taken care of." The woman explained to me.

I started to wander off, showing that I show no interest to the said dog.

"You know, you should pick something cute and on the trend!" My bestfriend, Sofhia, ran to me. She had charcoal eyes and black curly hair contrasting to her pale skin. She's so beautiful, no wonder why a lot of boys were on the chase for her. "Or maybe something really talented and cuddly!"

"Hey. I'm her brother, that means I'll be with the dog more often!" My brother, Dylan, with a quirky attitude  said, "Pick a fierce guard dog that could scare off the a-holes outside."

He had always been there to protect me but sometimes, he's a bit too much.

Sofhia was a bit bummed out but I kept walking forward. I looked at every dog I passed by but none met my standards.

I eventually decided to find another pet store until I heard Sofhia screamed. I turned around and saw a dirty energetic little dog running around her, barking happily and smelling her foot.

"Why are you screaming? It's just a dog." Dylan kept laughing.

The sales clerk runs towards the dog and caught the dog by the hand. Her face was full of panic and felt ashamed of the situation we were in.

"I'm so sorry! Peach here is too excited to see new people. Heh.. That's why we always kept her in the other room." The sales clerk held the squirming dog.

The dog had a wrinkly, short-muzzled face and a tail that curls tightly over the hip. It has a glossy fawn coat and a hobby to twirl around.

"Peach" then came down from the clerk's hands and went to the my foot, later smelling it and curled into a ball on top of it. How adorable!

The sales clerk startled but I finally found it and asked her, "Peach is her name right? I like her." I giggled and bent my knees to snuggle the dog.

"THIS is what you like?" Sofhia looked in disbelief.

"HEY!" Dylan tapped my shoulder, "If she likes it, I like it too."