12 | Stitches

CHAPTER TWELVE(First Person Point of View)"More than One Apocalypse"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

CHAPTER TWELVE
(First Person Point of View)
"More than One Apocalypse"

YEAR 2120 - Oct. 20 - 8:00AM
16 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES AFTER CLOSE CONTACT, AND UNCALCULATED TIME SUBTRACTED FROM MANY NEW CLOSE CONTACTS.

"I'd rather die than live a nightmare." Fabiar told me. I asked him why but he didn't seem to have the guts to tell, so I tried encouraging him.

I know I shouldn't try to make someone talk mostly if they're suffering of something but.. If I or anyone doesn't know what's wrong, then who's going to help him?

I told him that and he only told me one thing, "Strong people always keep sacrificing their lives for those who are weak. It's a foolish thing. Do they really need to save someone who is a useless idiot like me?"

"Hey don't put yourself down. If you think you're worthless, you aren't. " I told him. I think I know what his story might be about.

"Do you know why I have this cut arm? It's because I was b-bitten by a zombie and my best friend, Audrey, decided to cut it to stop the infection from getting to my brain. Auds said she was going to d-distract the zombies and make them follow her while I would take a run for it but... I couldn't leave her and I was losing blood so, how could I?" Fabiar's face was full of regret. His voice was sounded so sorrowful and nervousness ran through his entire way of speaking.

Audrey seems to be so special to him and yet he lost her in just like that. I know that feeling. If this apocalypse never happened, then all of us would have lived a happy and normal life.

"Audrey sounds so precious, wasn't she?" I looked at him. He even told me that she was like a sister to him and losing her is like losing his own life. That's why he wanted to commit suicide, she was everything to him.

I never knew Fabiar was like this and somehow, I felt comfortable with him. It's like I could trust him with all of my secrets but then again, he was hurting.

But there was more to his story..

"Audrey was--" Fabiar was going to tell more but then..

"Wait, did you hear that?" Cass kept her ears pierced. She always had this gifted hearing as if she could hear everything, according to what she told me.

Through all the fights, we figured out each other's strength. Dylan was amazing at smelling and improvising a plan. Cass on her ears and her ability to fight.

Art was on his keen eyes but he still wouldn't follow the plan sometimes. Fabiar mostly cowards in fear. I can't blame him, he needs to recover but we can't just protect him all the time.

And me? Well, I don't know. I'd practically be useless if it weren't for Peach.

"I think it's another Amalgamate. We have to hide in a small shack and NOT be noisy like pointy chin here." Cass smirked.

Fabiar asked us about the Amalgamate and so I told him everything especially what it looked like. After telling him that, we ran to a shack that Art was able to find.

All of us hid there and finally heard the stomping of the giant. To make sure things go smoothly, I need to inform Fabiar more of this thing as much as possible so that he wouldn't do something stupid.

I looked behind me but there was no one. I looked around all of us and the whole shed but he was no where in sight. I asked Dylan and the others where he is but they thought he was just following us.

We looked outside and saw Fabiar kneeling down. I tried the best I can to see his face and I saw tears.

What's he doing?

Dylan tried to call for him without being too noisy but he seemed like he didn't hear anything.

Or maybe he was ignoring us?!

"We can't just let him die out there!" I told them. Maybe I could do something. Fabiar can't just surrender his life and get eaten alive. Not after Sofhia died, I don't want to lose another one..

I opened the door hurriedly to make sure Dylan and the others wouldn't follow me.

I ran towards Fabiar and yelled at him, telling him to go follow us to the shed but he refused.

I decided to drag him out there but all the commotion led the Amalgamate to see us.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KILLED AUDREY!" Fabiar shouted at the beast. The Amalgamate roared so loud, it made my ears ring.

The thing looked over us and saw Cass and the others out of the shed. "It's the thing from before, we can shove water to it and take a run for it." Cass said.

"Tch, idiot. We don't have a lot of water to even make that thing feel a tiny amount sting!" Art said, pointing out to the only jug of tap water we could throw to the zombie.

Then running isn't the answer. We only managed to run before because yesterday its foot was stuck in that thorn bush and it was slowed down. We can't take any chances. This is life or death.

"I think we have to fight it." I told them before getting my hatchet.

"Guns were useless to something this big so slicing its body to pieces is my only guess." Dylan shouted his plan to us, "I assume that once we cut it, the zombies that are stitched will let loose and will attack us so we have to be ready!" We all agreed to what he said and started attacking. All four of us took sharp objects that can be used to cut this thing.

I took on its left foot to remove while the others took care of the rest. All I need is to slash this side and I won't disappoint anyone again.

Never again.

TO BE CONTINUED

my escape from earth ; CATACLYSM I ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें