24 | Dripping

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Early Morning

"M-Morning." I greeted hesitantly at Art who suddenly came into the kitchen. Somehow, everytime he was around, my spines began to shiver. I didn't know if it was his presence or something else. "I'm making some coffee, d-do you want some..?"

"Yeah, sure." He shrugged, sitting down on the table and began writing down something on a piece of paper. Art began to distance between us after Cass' death. I always assumed that it was because they did look close to me.

Silence filled the room, it wasn't awkward, as this was always the scenario every morning. "What're you writing?" I asked.

It was a few seconds before he answered, "Notes."

"O-Oh.. okay.."

...

...

...

"Where's Fabiar?" I asked again.

"Don't know, he usually wakes up by now. Didn't you seem him when you passed by his room or something?"

"H-His door was closed."

"Why don't you knock at his door, maybe he's awake by now."

"I think I'll just wait. He probably overslept or something."

"Whatever." He said before sipping the coffee I prepared. "Nice." He commented, which made me smile a bit.

"Oh shoot--!" I exclaimed, "I'll go back up, I don't like my coffee without some creamer." Art simply nodded and I stood up to run back upstairs.

The hallways seemed dimmer in my eyes. The storage room is near here somewhere--

I dashed through the tight space until I passed by Fabiar's room. My eyes widened at the view.

The room was a mess but that wasn't what caught my eye. I yelled on the top of my lungs.

"Fabiar?!"

My knees fell to the floor, tears began pooling out of my eyes as I tried to stop them.

I saw Fabiar hanging on the ceiling, a rope tied to his neck with a chair near him. Did he commit suicide?

But he promised to me..

That he won't do it...

He promised..!

He promised that he wouldn't do it..

He said he's never going to do it..!

His face was pale and a muscle never moved. His eyes were closed and I heard nothing in the room.