Chapter 2

August Alsina.

After we left the foster home we went to McDonald's. Mama, wanted to stay &&' eat to talk to Haley. So, we sat &&' waited for our number to be called.

"So, Haley what do you like to do?" My Ma asked.

"Sing, dance, draw, &&' sleep." She said back.

"You don't like shopping?" I asked amazed.

"Nah. If I do go shopping, its probably for a pair of shoes." She shrugged.

"Okay. Well, do you have a phone? Clothes?" I asked.

"No. The staff had took it because I kept calling people to come get me!" She rolled her eyes.

"Where's all your clothes?" My Mama asked.

"Burned."

"How?" I asked

"My old house got burned down when I was like 10. I had a match in my hand to light a candle. I lit the match ended up dropping the match on the couch. Luckily, my brother Elijah was just walking in. After that, I never saw him or anybody else again." She told us.

"Number 234!" The womam yelled.

"I'll go get." I said getting up.

"Well, August will take you to the mall &&' help you pick out some clothes, under garments, phone, etc." I heard Mama say to Haley.

"Sure, Mama I would be happy to take her to the mall." I said.

"Shush boy!" Mama smacked my hand.

"Well, that was good!" She exclaimed.

"Let me guess..they never fed you?" I said.

"Nope." She sighed.

"I'm ready to go." Mama said standing up.

"Yeah." I said walking out.

"I guess." Haley said.

Today went well. At first, I thought Haley &&' I wasn't going to like each other but I was wrong. We dropped Ma off &&' went to the mall.