chapter 18

"hey, you've got practice today?"
...
"no, i'm heading to the library."
...
"why? to study! i've got a test to A'ce."
...
"alright bye."
beep.

i end my phone call with donghun and skip to the library, my knitted creamy colored sweater jumping up and down with me. sometimes is rises high enough to expose the well toned six pack i have been working so hard on. the hallways were mostly empty since most people have already left. the ones left were definitely stealing glances of me.

but it's not like i mind.

i dress to impress. to receive attention. i may act innocent and clueless, but i know that not just girls but even guys stare at my ass when i walk pass or by them.

"hello miss hoff! how is your day?" i happily say as i enter the library and wave at the librarian.

"you little brat, when will you stop breaking the dress code and start showing up on time huh?!" the lady who was in her late 30's scolded him once again. i just smiled sleepishly at her and made my way into the room where i knew i was about to spend at least the next 3 hours wreaking my brain.

without hesitation my legs brought me to the history books section and i started looking for the material regarding the great depression. fuck you shouldn't have gotten so many books. i bet i won't be even using half of them. shit why is this so heavy!?

i now sincerely wish that i at least searched for a free table. now not do i only have to suffer from the weight of these stacks of paper, but also from not knowing where to sit and awkwardly walking past every table looking if the person looks friendly enough for me to join.

in the very end i see that there is a free small table. with a size so small, probably not even two books would fit on it, but what other choices do i have? in front of it, i see there's a much bigger table with only one person sitting at it, with their back facing me. it doesn't look familiar but it's not like i would risk asking for permission to sit there with them.

but what happens, is as i walk past it, i feel a light tug on my sleeve and a voice lightly calling out my name. i turn around only to find a certain someone whom i owe a thank you meal.

"ah sehyoon, hello." i smile brightly at him as i place my books on the table. he looks surprised but still waves and gestures for me to sit down.

"how are you? didn't expect you to be here."

"good. you?" he replied with an accent that really showed how inexperienced with speaking korean he is. i smiled in response and showed him two thumbs up. he chuckled and brushed his hair with his hand.

"so what are you here for? never thought i would meet you in a library of all places."

my mouth forms an 'O' when he picks up the book in front of him and the cover says 'Proper Korean Speaking Rules'. he smiles shyly and there's this feeling of proudness arising in me. for some reason he makes me feel these things...

"ahh seems fun. i'm stuck with great depression. never thought its possible for great depression that happened a century ago to give me real depression right now." i whine and hit my head at the table lightly. the blonde sitting next to me laughed and i though of how nice his voice sounds.

yes, definitely nice.

we both start doing our work. i keep on throwing jokes every moment i can since no matter how much i try i can't focus. this it too much boring information at a time for me to deal with.

"sehyoon, sehni, yoonie, sehiii~" i lightly whisper while poking his arm with my pencil. with my head resting on my hand i am doing anything to keep myself awake. when the lack of response annoys me, i look up at his face and see that he is no longer looking at the paper, but to the side instead.

"what are you looking at?" i try to look past him but see that there's nothing interesting or worthy of anyone's attention happening. i take him by the shoulders and try to move him to face me but he still keeps his face away from me while covering it with his hands.

"sehyoon cmon look at me." i whined for the 100th time that day. "sehni..." i say less enthusiastically as i lease my grip on his shoulders. i can also feel him relax a bit more and even though it's not obvious, i can feel him taking in deep breaths of air. 'hmp, who does he think he is to ignore me like that? ah, fuck it!'

i use my hands to push off his ones away from his face and take it into my own little ones, then quickly turn his head to face me. because i was doing everything fast i ended up squeezing his cheeks, and i swear i head his neck snap. but neither of these things mattered when i saw the expression on his face.

the beet red, 40 degrees hot skin against my cold hands felt like lava. his eyebrows furrowed slightly together giving him such an innocent, deer-like look. this was the first time i noticed what a deep brown color his eyes were.

"b-byeomkwean....?" he barely managed to muffle out. i snap out of my trance and quickly take my hands away.

"oh my- i'm so sorry, are you ok? you look very hot." his face seemed to become even redder after those words and i just want to slap my big mouth and it's non-existent filter. "t-that's not what i meant i-"

for the first time in a century, my tongue felt like it got tied into a bow. i couldn't find words to explain myself and just felt plain embarrassed.

but the next thing i know is sehyoon trying to suppress his laugh.

"hey, what's so funny about this huh?" i say, with a clearly offended tone.

he just looks me in the eyes, with his cheeks still pink and blonde hair covering his eyes slightly. a soft smile playing on his pomegranate lips. the next words leaving his mouth sounded as if angels were speaking, blazing me right into my heart.

"cute."

and for the first time in my life, i felt something in my chest tighten. as if about to explode.

**not edited.**

guys i know i don't mention it often but thank you for supporting this story and reading it!!!!

we grow so fast that i barely have time to keep up and it makes my hearteu melt🥺❤️

but anyways, thank you so so SO MUCH for your activity!!! i will try and write more so you guys could enjoy the story more as well😌

**in whisper voice** p.s. we are almost at 800 reads