chapter 21

byeongkwan made his way to the nurses office with stern steps. since donghun didn't give him answers, he figured nurse wan will.

"hey miss wan!" he chimmered brightly as he walked into the nurses office.

"hi byeongkwan, sweetie. didn't see you for a good minute now, have i?" she chuckled lightly upon seeing the cute redhead boy. byeongkwan smiled at her with a nod and gave her a warm hug.

"miss wan. i'm here for a reason." he said while scratching the back of his neck.

"i figured you were. you never come this early unless there's something bothering you."

byeongkwan laughed, as if in defeat. "you know me too well huh?" she just smiled at him reassuringly. as if trying to tell him that it's okay to tell her anything. the two of them walked to the table and took a seat next to each other. "i have this confusing feeling...

"it only happened once yesterday. this guy called me cute and i could legit feel my heart stop for a second before it started beating at an enormous speed. like 'DUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUM'. " he said while hitting his chest with his fist quickly, eyebrows high up. the nurse watched the boy in amusement, trying to sustain her laugh. "then i couldn't even focus on anything after that and kept on thinking about it the whole day. i stayed up till 2 trying to figure it out, and you know how much i value sleep. but every time i remember him and his voice and his expression, my face heats up and my heart rate increases so much. i asked donghun if i was sick and he said i wasn't but i don't believe it. how can a healthy person feel this way i-"

the nurse stopped him. "honey, as a specialized nurse, i can reassure you that you're absolutely fine and healthy. don't worry about it so much. tell me one thing though, have you ever liked anyone?" she said softly and put her hand over byeongkwans.

the younger looked at her in surprise. "liked as in...like like? like a crush?"

"yes, like as in a crush." she smiled tenderly at the small kid sitting across from her.

"uhh...maybe." he looked off to the side while his free hand scratched the back of his neck once again. a sigh left his lips before replying with a soft voice below a whisper. "no."

the nurses eyes widened but then came back to their normal size as she patted byeongkwan softly on his back. "well, that explains everything."

byeongkwan quickly looked up at her with a confused expression. "explains what?"

"mmm, nothing."

before byeongkwan could question it any further, the bell rang and nurse wan thanked the gods that it did. she basically showed the poor boy out of her office telling him to get to class.

"fjksgrjsismdbc stupid woman." byeongkwan angrily walked through the hall that was filled with students running to their class. he should be running like them, since his first period math class is all the way in the other side of the school, but he just didn't feel like it.

he felt a buzz in his pocket, indicating that he got a message. he took it out to check who it was, only to realize that it was an unknown number.

———
822-xxx-xxxx
Hey.

me:
uh hi?
new number who dis?

822-xxx-xxxx
Dis?
And it's Sehyoon.
The one from the library yesterday, remember?
———

byeongkwan nearly dropped his phone when he read the messages. he felt his cheeks heat up once again and his hands shake as he tried to type his response.

———

me:
dis->this
yes of course i remember how could i not?!

——
Change the name of this contact?
'822-xxx-xxxx' to 's-sehyoon(////)'
yes | no
——

s-sehyoon(////)
Ahhh good to know.

me:
yeahh.....
anyways, what's up?

s-sehyoon(////)
I'm texting you to ask if you still remember about the favor?
Because I'm free this Saturday. 

me:
oh yes of course!!!
i'm veryyyy free this saturday as well!

s-sehyoon(////)
Good then it's set.
See you on Saturday.

me:
see you!
:)
seen.

———

byeongkwan reread the small conversation about 10 times, not believing his eyes.

without realizing it, he started jumping around in excitement.

he walked into his class with the happiest grin on his face. his friends and some other students sending him questioning looks which the redhead shrugged off, telling them that it's nothing.

he couldn't wait for saturday to come.

**not edited**

FHSBSHHSJWBW it took me so much effort to type 'appropriately' when it was sehyoons messages.

anyways...i'm like super speachless at how far not only this but also my other ff's came like this one is already at 1k and my other one is at 3k....

honestly, thank you to all who are reading these and i'm sorry that lately the updates have been...pretty slow. because of the quarantine i feel more lazy then usual but i will try and make better content for y'all!!!

STAN A.C.E!!!