chapter 23

the two walked hand in hand as the silence surrounded them. byeongkwan recognized the route as the one he usually took to get to the infirmary. the long walk and empty hallways through which each step echoed.

"are we going to the infirmary?" byeongkwan asked with in soft voice. sehyoon responded with a nod, squeezing his hand slightly. byeongkwan felt his stomach dance at the small gesture, the feeling made him feel funny. 'byeongkwan, snap out of it!'

"why are we going there?"

sehyoon, without stopping their pace, turned his head around and gave byeongkwan a weird look as if to say 'you know why.' his eyes ran down to byeongkwans arm where the bruises are and then back to his face and then turned back around. byeongkwan sighed.

"i mean, it's not like it's an open wound and you have to treat it. just a bruise; it would go away in no time."

sehyoon shook his head with a chuckle and actually managed to walk faster, basically dragging the other. byeongkwan let out a whine of pain as he was already tired and felt like his legs would give in any second.

"okay, okay- sehni we will go to infirmary like you want but please slow down my legs are short!"

sehyoon laughed at the comment, but felt flustered once again. byeongkwan is the only person who had this effect on him where even the slightest and smallest gestures caused his heart to beat faster and body grow hotter. not to mention his stomach became a professional acrobat in just a span of a month!

"why didn't..." sehyoon slowly started. "...you tell me?"

byeongkwans head shot up. this was the first time he heard sehyoon speak in his full korean voice.

'why was it so hot?! and what is this feeling?? am i turned on?!?!?!'

the redhead found himself staring at the ground. words stuck in his throat and face as red as his hair. and again, this confusing feeling.

"what would it change?"

by the time byeongkwan asked the question, the two boys have finally reached the infirmary. sehyoon signaled for him to wait for a second as he went in. byeongkwan stood quietly at the door, minding his own business like some people should.

'why would he care anyways? technically we aren't even friends, or are we? should i just leave right now while i have the chance to? no, that would be rude and i want to hear his voice again. maybe i could trick him into saying something else? wait, why do i even-?'

so deep into his thoughts, he didn't even notice as sehyoon walked out of the door with a small paper bag in his hand. that is , until the older grabbed his hand and muttered a low 'let's go.'

"where to now?"

"you will see."

byeongkwan just nodded. he figured if sehyoon wanted to tell him he would have by now. he just blindly followed wherever sehyoon led him somehow trusting his every decision.

they reached the stairs and started walking up and up and up until a metallic door with a sign 'no students permitted'.

as if the sign didn't exist, sehyoon opened the door, pushing byeongkwan forward.

the fresh cold air slapped byeongkwan in the face and send slight shivers down his spine. the contrasting to the dark hallways bright sun caused him to blink his eyes rapidly in order to adjust to the new lightning.

but when he did, he felt his whole self in a state of bliss and delightment. he took a deep breath, and pushed his hands out, letting the wind take away all of the unwanted thoughts.