chapter 19

after that incident byeongkwan couldn't focus for the love of god.

but he didn't have the strength to leave either.

for the first time in his life he felt this way. usually he knew exactly what he wanted or how he felt about something. it confused the life out of him and the only thing he hated more than volleyball was being confused.

so with a heavy heart and dignity on the line he quickly ran back to his house to ask for advise his one and only family member left.

"donghun...?" he slowly says as he opens the door to the olders room.

donghun, who was currently laying on his bed talking to someone on the phone, with his long hair still wet from the shower.

"hold up." he said into the speaker and looked at byeongkwan. the younger took it as a cue to continue or get the fuck out.

"donghun, i'm confused about something. and i mean like, really really confused."

the older sighed loudly. but then he saw byeongkwans bembi, doe-eyed look and face of a color that matched his hair and it was enough to convince him to at least give the other a chance.

"gomen(sorry) something came up, i will call you back." he said in an unknown to byeongkwan language and hanged up. the small boy looked at him uncertain, hiding behind the door with only his head peeking out.

donghun sighed "what happened?". he fixed his pillow and sat up, putting his phone away and giving the younger his full attention.

"soooo....umm, the thing is... i-"

"byeongkwan, i'm busy right now please come back here when you make up your mind and will actually have sentences coming out of your mouth." donghun was about to grab his phone but byeongkwan quickly ran up to him and grabbed him by the arm.

"o-ok, but you have to listen!" he said and his cheeks reddened even more. donghuns eyebrow raised 2 levels up at his cousins weird behavior. he gave him the 'alright im listening' look as he leaned back on his pillow. byeongkwan took a long breath before he started talking.

"so today i went to the library right? and i met someone i know there. the tables were all full so he offered me sit with him and i agreed. as we were studying i got bored and maybe started annoying him. and after that everything got soooo weird and confusing."

"what, somebody finally grew some balls and common sense and told you to leave?"

"no! see, your not listening carefully." he slapped the older on the arm and pouted.

"aish alright alright! i'm listening now."

"so basically when i looked up at him, he was looking away. i thought that maybe there was something interesting happening there but there was nothing at all! i then asked him what's up but he didn't answer and covered his face with his hands instead. i tried turning him so he would face me but he wouldn't even budge!" he kept on gesturing the situation with his hands. "so i may have taken his face in my hands and turned him my way and he looked like he was sick with fever! his face was red and hot so i said that he was hot but it wasn't what i meant and i tried explaining myself but ended up mumbling and embarrassing myself even more. and you know what he said?!" he didn't wait for donghun to answer. "he said i was CUTE!!! C fuckin UTE!!"

"alright and? people call you cute on a daily basis. not only that but you also receive tons of other compliments and admiration gestures from people all the time."

"that's what's confusing me. when he said it, i could feel my heart beat stop, but then starting to run at an enormous speed. my chest legit started tightening and something i'm my stomach didn't feel right. i thought i will explode! even now look." he took donghuns hand and brought it up to his chest. "my heart starts racing again and again as i think about it. donghun be honest...am i sick? am i going to die?"

the older looks at him for a moment before throwing his head back and bursts out laughing. in fact he laughed so hard tears were starting to run from his eyes. it took him a good minute before he calmed down and sat back properly up.

"i-is that it-t?" he asked as he breathed out and wiped his eyes with his finger. the lack of response he was getting made him look back at byeongkwan who was sitting in his original stop very stiffly, with a serious look. donghuns eyes widen a bit in shock. 'wait- this silly goose doesn't realize he has a crush?'

"donghun, i am serious here. please tell whats wrong with me because i am about to just frikin frukin shitty poo poo myself here!!!" the younger cried and buried his face into the kirby plushie he had given donghun as a present of appreciation.

"wait no byeongkwan, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you." he quickly leaned down and patted the younger. "and you're not sick either. if anything, one of the healthiest people i know."

byeongkwan looks up at donghun slightly, with his eyes slightly watery. "r-really?" the older nods. "then why is my heart rate so high and i feel hot all over my body?"

donghun eyes softened. "it's normal when you're..."

"when i am..?" he looked up at donghun with hopeful eyes.

"...i'm afraid that's something you will have to find out yourself. but i can reassure you that you're absolutely healthy and whats happening to you is normal."

"b-but donghun!!" the younger whined and threw the plushie toy at his older cousin.

"now shoo byeongkwan, shoo! i got important matters to discuss." the older gestured for byeongkwan to leave and kicked him off the bed. the younget landed in the floor with loud thud and a yelp.

"ugh i hate you so much. you didn't help me at all." the redhead groaned as he got up and rubbed his ass where he landed.

"you know it's not true and that it's just an excuse for you to continue being confused. now go and study." donghun said as he took his phone and dialed someone's number.

"whatever." byeongkwan whispers and with a roll of his eyes leaves.

"silly pabo." donghun chuckles at his younger brother, not realizing that the person on the other side have already picked up.

"hmm what?"

"oh nothing, that wasn't meant for you."

"ahh i see. is this still a bad time? we can talk later if you're still busy."

"no no i'm here to listen. now tell me why you were wondering if i know how to do SPR."

"oh umm about that...well i'm not sure how to put it but this one guy..."

"uhhh you're reminding me of my brother right now! stop mumbling and use sentences or i'm heading out."

"okay long story short, remember the guy i told you about before? so i met him in the library today and we studied together but out of nowhere he started poking my arm while calling me cute names. i got shy so i looked away and hid my face in my hands but he noticed and shook them off and took my face in his hands! and even though it was an accident he called me hot and my heart raced like crazy!!! he was embarrassed right after and started mumbling and it was so cute that i ended up saying it!! he looked so uncomfortable the whole time after. donghun, what do i do?? i really messed up didnt i?" the person in the other line asked worriedly and donghun couldn't believe his ears. 'am i hearing this right?'

"wait hold on. does the person happen to be really short and red hair?"

"why? i though you said you weren't interested in knowing who he was."

"i am now. just tell me already, yes or no?" the seriousness of donghuns voice took the person on the other line aback.

"well, yes. how did you know?"

"no fukin way..." the older whispered, covering his mouth with his hand before he started laughing.

"donghun are you ok?"

"yes i'm fine. listen, i will call you later ok?"

"what?- okay bye then. talk to you later?"

"yes bye sehyoon. talk to you later."

**not edited**

AHDBHDHWHSJSJSJ GUYS WE REACHED 900 reads!!!