15

When we arrived at my home Markus walked me to my porch and I thanked him for the movie. As I was telling him goodnight he began to lean in, to which I backed up and cleared my throat.

"Wh- oh! Sorry." Markus looked down,  obviously a bit embarrassed by my rejection.

"Sorry Markus, it's not that I had a bad time I just can't kiss you."

"Oh well that's understandable, it is our first date after all." He nodded "Would you like to go out again sometime?"

"Actually, I don't think I can. Again it's not that I had a bad time it's just, something complicated has presented itself to me."

"It's that guy right? Your friend, Tobias?"

"Uh.."

"Yeah, he was never too fond of me was he?" Markus chuckled "It's pretty easy to tell that he has feelings for you."

"Really? Gosh was it that obvious to eveyone else but me?" I asked, slightly frustarted with myself for being so oblivious.

"Well quite frankly, yes. I just assumed you didn't feel the same so, that's why I took it upon myself to ask you out."

"I'm sorry Markus, I didn't mean to lead you on or anything I ju-"

"It's alright, love. I myself was a bit confused about how you felt about me, you're very hard to read." He chuckled.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be" he assured me "Now, it is quite clear that Tobias feels the strongest for you and now that you're aware of that; I think you should talk to him."

"But how would I even do that now?"

Markus put his hand on my shoulder "Just talk to him, tell him you know how he feels now. Then, whether it'd be positive or negative, you tell him how you feel about him."

"Thanks Markus and thanks for understanding."

"No problem, still friends?"

"Of course." I hugged him goodbye and then rushed inside to get to my phone.

I called Tobias expecting him not to answer, which he didn't; so I decided I'd try calling tomorrow.

~~

"Hello?" A groggy voice spoke over the phone.

"Hey Tobias, it's (y/n)."

"Oh hey... Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"If it's about yesterday, I'm sorry about kicking you out of the car that was such a dick move."

"No, it's okay it's not about that." I assured him "It's actually something I'd like to talk about in person. Can I go over?"

"Yeah sure, just let me wake up properly" I heard him chuckle "I can pick you up if you want?"

"Yeah sure, I'll be ready."

~~

When Tobias got here, the ride to his house was silent, but a comfortable silence this time. When we got there we went up to his room and took a seat on his bed.

"So what did you wanna talk about?"

"Well, first off, are you ready to tell me what's been bothering you for so long?"

"Oh" he cleared his throat "Well, it doesn't really matter now, I've come to terms with the issue."

"Could you tell me?"

"Maybe some day." he shrugged.

"Okay, next thing, what did those things you said in Swedish mean?"

I could see a light blush forming on his cheeks.

"I was just telling you that you're my best friend, that's all." He shrugged again.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why?" He looked over at me.

I'm not sure what came over me in that moment, but before I realized what I was doing; my lips were pressed against Tobias's.