18

The next day I decided to go out for lunch instead of going to the cafeteria. I had just exited the school through the side doors, unaware that I was being followed. I had made it a few feet from the exit when someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around expecting Linde or the guys, but instead I was met by Tobias.

"Tobias."

"Hey, I didn't see you around at all last week, are you okay?" He asked, he sounded genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, just wasn't feeling well that's all." I shrugged.

"Oh, well I hope you're feeling better now." He smiled.

"I'm feeling alright." I shrugged again and I began to feel an awkward silence coming on.

We both stood there for a few seconds until I decided to go.

"Well uh, I'll see you later man."

"Where ya headed?" He asked, the curiosity visible on his face.

"I was just going to walk around, maybe get a sandwich from the shop down the block."

"Mind if I go with?"

"Be my guest" I extended my arm forward as a gesture for him to come along.

He smiled and we began walking down the street.

The short journey was silent but at the same time, quite comforting. After we got to the shop and bought our sandwiches, Tobias suggested we go eat in the small field that was a block over.

Once we got to the field, he and I sat down on a large rock that was in the middle of the grass and began to eat our lunch. Afterwards we exchanged a bit of small talk.

"So, how are things?" He asked.

"Things are okay, everything alright with you?"

"Meh, they could be better." He shrugged.

A few moments of silence passed as I looked at my watch and decided I should head back to the school.

"Well, I guess I should be heading back now. Don't wanna be too late to class."

"Since when do you care about being on time?" He raised an eyebrow with a smirk on his lips.

"Oh, I don't know, just focusing more on my grades I guess."

"Oh okay, well this was nice (y/n)." He smiled and I was about to get up and leave.

When I turned to walk away I sighed as I remembered what I saw in the hallway yesterday. 'Should I tell him what happened?' I thought 'No, It's none of my business.' But, then again I didn't want him to get hurt but I knew that he'd be more hurt if I didn't tell him.

"Tobias I think you should know that Sarah-"

"Yeah, I know about her and that other guy, it's why I broke up with her. To be honest, I don't really care I didn't like her anyway." He admitted.

"Then why were you with her?"

"Because I was trying to get over you, but the truth of the matter is I can't let you go." He stood up and stepped towards me until he was standing in front of me "You're something special (y/n), you know that? No matter how hard I try to ignore you, you never leave my mind."

His words left me speechless, all I could do was listen as he continued to confess.

"I love you, (y/n) and I'm sorry I was too much of a pansy to tell you before." He placed his index finger under my chin and lifted my head up to look at him.

We stared at eachother for a few seconds then our lips collided. This time the kiss felt real, this time it felt right. The kiss lasted for what seemed like minutes but in reality was only seconds.

"I love you too" I told him as we pulled away.

"I'm so happy to hear you say that." He pulled me in for a hug "(Y/N)?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"Will you be mine?"

"Of course."

A/N: More cheesyness. I had to push through this heckin' writers block to write this chapter. It's not my most creative one but yayyy they're finally together, whoop!