Chapter 10) Realization

Rad and Dendy went flying through the van, looking for where KO might be. They flew over Neo Riot City, and then drove down the streets of it. They either missed him, which is highly impossible, according to Dendy, or they haven't found him, which is reasonable.

They stopped driving and parked outside an abandoned clothing store. Rad sighed, "It's hopeless. He could be long gone by now." Dendy shook her head, "No! He's got to be somewhere around here! We need to look harde-" Dendy was stopped after hearing a scream and then a kid running into the back of the van.

The two jumped out of the van and looked at what happened and realized there was a kid. He was most likely a robot, as he sparked a bit with water all over him. "You okay, kid?" Rad asked while tapping him on the shoulder. He looked up at him. "My fwiend has bween kidnwapped." He had a high pitched childish voice.

"Who exactly went missing?" Dendy questioned him. He looked over at her, and then down at the ground. "Hwis name's KO."

And both Dendy and Rad went into a state of panic.

• • • • • • • • •

Water dripped from the side of the room. It was cold and dark in it as well. An eerie sense following. KO woke up and immediately felt the cold, stone floor. He got up slowly, his head pounding.

What happened...? He thought to himself.

drip

Oh yeah, prison.

KO got up and looked around the place. It had rusty, iron bars that looked like they could esily be broken, cobblestone pillars (reminded him of a game for some reason...), and a small bed in the corner made of stone. Yep. Prison.

He walked over to the bars and held his hands on them like most people would and sighed. After a while, he cried a bit. KO never wanted this. He never wanted to be alone. He never wanted to loose trust. He never wanted to turn to bad guys for answers. He never wanted any of this!

But the past was here to haunt him, and it wasn't going away any time soon.

KO slowly lowered himself to the ground and cried softly. He was all alone now...

That was until he heard a whisper from the next cell over. "Hey, who's there?" The voice asked. KO looked up and pushed himself over to the wall, while also being close by the exit.

"I'm KO. Who are you?" KO asked the voice. "It's me, Elodie!" She whispered happily. "You okay? Sorry I wasn't able to help you with your escape." After he heard Elodie's name, he went silent again. He remembered that Elodie sorta told POINT about him and that's how they came after him. At least that's what TKO told him. But he's trustworthy now. No lying with him...

"Your mom's with me in here, but she's asleep right now." Elodie continued whispering to him, even though he ignored her. KO realized what she said and started panicking. The last person he wanted to see was his mom. He buried his head back in his knees after thah and remained silent, until he heard footsteps coming down the hallway.

KO looked up to see two POINT troopers holding someone oddly familiar. After the door to his cell opened and the person was laid down on the bed, he automatically recognized who it was.

"Enid?!" He loudly whispered. Elodie was left in shock. She laid down on the side of the wall and started breaking down in small tears. She couldn't believe that her best friend was captured. She never wanted this. Not in a million years...