Chapter 6

As you painted with the colourful paints you had, you couldn't shake the thought of why Nathan Prescott was going to be waiting for you. This only made you have butterflies floating around in your stomach making you queasy.  You attempt to ignore the butterflies by continuing your painting. You briefly stop to look at this colourful mess of artwork and scan to see other amazing works like Daniel's. 

Daniel was one of the victims that the vortex club tended to bully it was either how quiet he was and weird to his weight. Even though Daniel acted unbothered you knew he was hurting like anybody would who gets harassed every day, you just hope that Daniel has someone to express his feelings too. But sometimes a compliment always brightens a person's day and that's what you were going to do for Daniel. 

You approach Daniel with a smile on your face and lightly tap his shoulder, making Daniel whip his head to look at you. You jump at the sudden movement and smile again.

"That drawing of yours is going to look so amazing once there's colour in it," You say with crinkle eyes. Daniel's eyes go wide at the sudden compliment and you couldn't help but feel sad at this reaction. It just shows how little esteem and nice compliments he has had.

"T-thank you Y/n, I really appreciate it but I'm not that expert-level yet" he utters with a small smile. 

You shake your head at the boy and smile again.

"Well I think you are Daniel and hey, I might see your art in a famous Gallery one day"

Daniel gives a small smile again and turns to his work of art, making you feel accomplished that you have somewhat brightened his mood. 

As you begin to almost finish your painting you are soon greeted with the sound of the loud bell echoing, signalling that class was over. After finished cleaning up the workspace, you feel those damn butterflies appear again making you queasy all over again. And this time you didn't mind maybe if you puked all over Nathan Prescott he would finally leave you alone or worse make you pay for his jacket and you know that jacket was probably not cheap.

You without hurry walk out the door expecting to see Nathan and his blue jacket but no sign of him. Maybe he forgot? If that's the case looks like you won't be having to worry about keeping the coffee down you had earlier. You begin to walk down the hall only to be stopped by the sound of the fire alarm signalling for all students and yourself to exit the building ASAP.

You are soon met with the small breeze of the wind and the sound of branches of the trees lightly tapping tougher. As you take it all in you see your favourite skater boys of Arcadia bay. That being Justin Williams and his friend Trevor, Back when you where doing theatre you would hang out occasionally with Rachel and Justin's crew.  Even then you didn't really know much about her. Rachel was hard to read and unravel she was like those mysterious characters in books and movies that made you want to find out as much as you could.
When hanging out with Justin you knew from the start he was the whole cliché skater boy that's high all the time and outgoing but that just made him a more lovable guy and a cool dude to hang around with. Justin is soon to spot you and signals for you to come over.

You walk through the courtyard to Justin and his friends trying to attempt to do some type of skateboard trick making one of them fall straight on their ass, causing the others including yourself to laugh.

Justin is soon to look at you with a wide smile.
"Ayy isn't it y/n, long time no see how is the famous soon to be artist" Justin states. You give him a sheepish smile and shrug your shoulders.
"The same old just painting and staying indoors and the occasional going out with Kate for tea"

Justin raises an eyebrow at you making you tilt your head to the side.
"Yeah, I'm not sure about the whole things you just said there y/n, as what I have seen and what I heard is that you were at vortex party hanging out with the vortex club themselves and getting awfully cosy with Nathan," Justin said crossing his arms.

"But hey not all are bad Dana's pretty cool and Nathan is alright when he's not having those mental breakdowns of his" Justin added

You roll your eyes at him with his whole thing about dana, You knew he had a big crush on the girl and there might something going on with the two but you don't question it instead you simply smile. 

"Well I should get going it's been nice chatting with you but I better be off, Oh and for the record, I don't remember getting cosy with Nathan," You said feeling sick to your stomach with the whole idea.

Justin laughs and gives a 'goodbye' leaving you to start walking to the dormitories to retreat for today and hopefully finish your painting of that strange dream that frequencies.