Chapter 9

The waves splashed against the sand and the fire was up and blazing, You, Nathan and Victoria where drinking and relaxing with each other as the others where carrying on and dancing. You couldn't help but laugh as Diana and Juliet were dancing around giggling. And the fact that Hayden was passed out drunk mumbling something. You found yourself fond of these party animals as you realized they were just teenagers wanting to have fun and enjoy their youth in a different way. You also realized Victoria wasn't so bad as you got to know her than what she usually perceives herself, in fact, she was just like every other teenage girl who had insecurities, but you also realized she was somewhat a bitch at heart at times but also had a soft spot lurking among her.

As you sit there drinking your 4th drink watching the bizarre occurrences, you feel Nathan shift next to you and soon lies on your lap. You look directly at his blue orbs giving him a confused expression only to receive a cheeky smirk and the smoke of the weed blown in your face. You let out a scoff and shake your head "Asshole" you mumble at him. He lets out a breathy laugh.

"You don't seem that bothered by it," Nathan says quirking an eyebrow. You roll your eyes at him.

"Even if I'm not I'd rather you not blow smoke in my face, Thank you"  You stated raising your eyebrows in a challenging manner. Nathan lets out a long sigh. 

"Whathefuckever, you know if you keep rolling your eyes they might just pop out and then you would really kill my high,"  Nathan said flicking the joint on the fine-grained sand. You shake your head and lean your head back to look at the clear ebony sky full of the shiniest stars you've seen in a while. That's what made Arcadia bay not totally bland was because of the clear nights like this and the Blue whales that would come around when migrating to another part of the ocean. 

"Well, I must say this is one beautiful night and would make an excellent photo for the everyday hero's contest and I might even have a chance to beat max's bony ass," Victoria says making you and Nathan look over.  Nathan scoffs and goes back to looking up at the sky while you give a small smile at victoria.

"I'm sure you'll be a very strong competitor, you have remarkable photos victoria." You say in a gentle tone. Victoria gives you a smile that you are not used to seeing on her features. 

"Thank you.." Victoria says quietly. 

 As you party throughout the night eventually, you burn out just like a flame from the cold and so the rest of the vortex club including Nathan who's fast asleep on your lap. You couldn't comprehend how someone who's filled up with anger and sadness could look so peaceful and at zen while asleep. But Nathan could and he truly looked like sleeping beauty. 

Your eyes fluttered open to the ray of sunshine and the clear blue sky, you sit up a bit to look around at your surroundings only to see the fire crushed and no longer having a bright orange flame and that the rest of the vortex club including victoria were all gone. Except for you and Nathan.  You let out a loud yawn making Nathan groggily opening his eyes and sitting up. 

"What a bunch of pricks, of course, they leave us here rather than wake us up to get on out of here"  Nathan Bitches. You let out a sigh earning Nathan's attention.

"Well instead of bitching, We could just go in your car and drive back as any normal person would?" you say questioning. Nathan looks at you for a few minutes before standing up and making his way to his red truck while you stumble about after him.

You and Nathan hop in the truck driving down the coastal road. You find yourself relaxed and calm unlike before when you first hopped in his truck there was just something eating at you then but now it wasn't so much and you weren't paying attention to it anymore. Rather you couldn't help your self by staring at Nathan the way the sun hit his clear soft skin made him strikingly handsome. But of course, you wouldn't get noticed it was Nathan he knew when people were staring at him or talking about him and that was probably like that for him every day since when you did drama with him around your freshman year.  

"Don't tell me you're going to start fucking staring at me like some sort of freak"  Nathan says with a grunt

"Don't tell me you're going to start fucking staring at me like some sort of freak"  Nathan says with a grunt. You quickly look away and stare straight ahead earning a "TT" from Nathan but you're quick to look at him again.

"No, I'm not I was just thinking that you would make an excellent muse for me to paint and I was wondering..by any chance you would let me paint you for my art class?" You say in a quiet matter. Nathan ponders on the question before finally saying something.

"Sure, on one condition though. You let me take photos of you"