chapter 12

There you were silently sitting on Nathan's bed watching the distractive nature grow inside him each passing minute. there was no stopping him from destroying his things, Nathan was on a rampage of destruction. The occasional bitching from him seemed all right a moment ago, but you didn't take it as a warning to avoid him becoming a burst of flaming anger.

You couldn't grasp the mentality of Nathan nor his actions. He was like a very complicated puzzle to grasp, but after all, a sense of accomplishment exists along with achievement once you're able to under this puzzle. But, at the moment you were unable to do anything, you were left dumbfounded.

When suffering a breakdown like Nathan was getting, not everyone responds well to being pampered and nurtured. Any time he would break an object or throw something around the dorm, it was a matter of how aggressive he was becoming. It was fair to say that Nathan wouldn't be impressed with the fact that you were trying to touch or pamper him remotely at a time like this. And that's

what you attempted.

"Nathan...please just try and calm down.." you say in almost a whisper.

Nathan's head whip's around, his eyes intensely looking at you. you could see the beautiful blue eyes he had looking like a swirl of roaring seas.

" DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN BITCH!"

You flinched at the sudden insult, you really couldn't put up with this much longer. but for some reason, you still sat on his bed.

" I'M SO SICK OF PEOPLE PUSHING ME! NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO. NOT MY PARENTS, NOT MY TEACHER'S NOT EVEN YOU!"

you knew Nathan got pushed around a lot by adult's or people that were more "superior" than him, but the most noted person that pushed him around and ridiculed him, was his father. Everyone in Blackwell knew that Sean Prescott was a prick. Sadly, guess some things rubbed off on Sean Prescott and onto Nathan that affected him and not just his mental illness.

You let out a shaky sigh, knowing this could make things worse. But at this point, it was worth a try. you get up and make your way up behind the mumbling incohesive Nathan. Scared, but intrigued by what's to come. Wrapping your arms around Nathan's torso, He tenses and yell's. Only for you to shush him in soothing matter until he finally relaxes.

Nathan cling's to you and breathes your scent in. for some reason your scent makes him calm and soothed. Or maybe it's your presence in general or the fact this sort of affection he never really gets from others.

You slowly, guide him over to his bed and lay down beside him, you hear his sobs from the pillow that he tries muffling his cry with.

"Nathan...i-i thought you should know, that i care about you and I'll be here if you need me at any time."

Nathan sit's up and rubs the wet tears from his eyes that are slowly cascading down his face and shakes his head.

"DONT LIE TO ME! 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦. 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘦...𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦"

"Nathan I do-"

Nathan grows more frustrated and refuses to believe you, resulting in Nathan cutting you off.

"JUST FUCK OFF, Y/N. I DONT NEED YOU TRYING TO BE MY FUCKING THERAPIST. AND GIVING ME SYMPATHY I CAN PAY SOMEONE FOR THAT!" Nathan screams.

you feel tears threatening to spill out, but instead, you bite your lips trying not to cry. you abruptly stand up and walk over to the door, and look back at Nathan.

"Fine then, I will."