Chapter Seven ~ Never

Third Pov
Shoyo was happy beyond anything he could comprehend. He left go of the blonde slowly to straighten out their clothes and gave his wide smile up to Kei.

"Let's go before people think we've run off!" He told him, grabbing the sleeve of Kei's practice hoodie to lead him back to the gym. The blonde followed, they walked into the gym like it was a normal for them to be together and both got ready. The taller middle blocker slipped off his normal glasses and handed them to Keishin for safe keeping as he slipped on his sports glasses.

"Where were you guys? I was actually just about to go looking for the two of you" Sawamura said with a smile as the two stood beside each other, they didn't act out of place. The team didn't see how different the relationship was between the two, but Nekoma sure did. Yaku Morisuke, the third year Nekoma Libero definitely could see the chemistry as he pointed it out to the first year middle blocker Sō Inuoka. Shoyo definitely had a small harem of boys who were secretly in love with him, Sō happened to be one of those boys because it took one spike from their first practice match together to make his heart skip beats.

"We were talking to the Nekoma captain, kinda just ended up chatting. It's whatever, let's start the practice match. I have a dinner I gotta eat with my family after this is over" He told everybody, obviously meaning Shoyo and Natsu, but the rest of the team thought different. They didn't know how to react to the two middle blockers just talking and standing next to each other so casually. Koushi smirked at Sawamura with his knowing motherly look, the two third years knew that the two were in love with each other and while Sawamura figured Shoyo would be a weird and embarrassed mess around Kei, Koushi was hitting all the right points in the bets the third years made. The setter would be able to get a new phone if he kept winning all the bets the third years made. Koushi was nice and added Tanaka into the mix of drama, which only made Koushi's wallet feel a little more full. Tanaka was under the assumption that Shoyo had a crush on a teammate, he wasn't told who but no matter what he sided with Sawamura in the assumption that Shoyo would act like a weird and embarrassed mess in front of the team and his crush. Shoyo acted like normal around every team member for a few minutes before Tanaka and Sawamura approached the setter.

"Dammit Koushi..... Stop winning these bets" Sawamura muttered as he opened his wallet and pulled out 2,198 Yen. Tanaka followed his captains lead as he bought out his own wallet from the team jacket that he still had on.

"Are you sure he's got a crush on a member? He is acting completely normal" Tanaka told Koushi, but a small sound of a clearing throat made the three look around. Natsu was standing behind Koushi with an innocent smile.

"My big brother never just acts weird around crushes.... He's not a school girl, he's just unpredictable, that's all" She told them with a smile as the three looked down at her. Sawamura frowned, crossing his arms at Koushi after he heard the little girls words. He had opened his mouth to say something when the whistle blew. Both teams lined up on their respective parts of the court and bowed, the game started. It went smoothly in the beginning as Nekoma started off their game. It all went smoothly, Tobio and Shoyo had done their freak quick several times which caused the Karasuno to barely take the first set of the practice match due to Sō Inuoka from the Nekoma still being able to barely follow Shoyo's movements. The second set began smoothly as well, Nekoma had the advantage and as the cats neared the end of the second set with the crows close behind with the match point, Keishin called a time out.

"I never thought we'd beat Nekoma in this practice game, but we have the chance to win the battle at the garbage dump. Hinata do you wanna try out your new tactic?" Keishin asked with a smile, he hoped that two had it down. Shoyo shrugged his shoulders with a smile.

"I'm willing to try it. I'm not sure how good the success rate is, we only practiced it for a day.... But I'm willing to try it out if he is" Shoyo said, the entire team was confused. Sawamura and Koushi knew Kei and Shoyo had been working on something over the weekend but they didn't know what.