Chapter Twelve ~ Stay

Third Pov
After everything that happened, the team called it a day and went home. That night there were movies, a lot of them. They played all night long, Kei and Shoyo couldn't sleep so neither of them tried. The family had made a fort of blankets, pillows, stuffed animals. Natsu was between them in the middle, curled in a ball. The girl had nightmares all night long and it pain Kei and Shoyo greatly to see her like that. When she was awake Kei and Shoyo put on a strong face for her.

That's how it went. The two teens were excused from practice the whole week, so they went to school and then home. Kei took the initiative of making food, calling people out sick when they needed to just stay in bed and hold each other, he made sure no one came near his family when they were most vulnerable.

It had been a Monday when everything had happened. Shoyo, Kei, and Natsu all stayed home from school on Tuesday so they could just be in each other's presence. Kei was the least damaged in the family of three, so he woke up early every morning, making breakfast for all three of them and bringing it to the king sized bed where Natsu had decided was her bed now too. Throughout the week people visited to check up on the family, though it was mostly Yuu Nishinoya so that he could play with Natsu and keep the couple company well after Natsu fell asleep.

Now it was Friday night, they had made another fort in the living room and Natsu was curled into the middle of Kei and Shoyo as they watched the third Star Wars movie, Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith. They had paused Kei's education of the Star Wars franchise till now. Shoyo said he needed the distraction though, so because he always spent most of the movies explain plot points and pointing out key details, they continued and watched the third movie.

"Shoyo, sleep please. The movie is over and I'll stay right here with you and Natsu all night long. I promise" Kei told him, making Shoyo nod slowly. The ginger had been avoiding sleep to make sure Natsu was safe, to make sure that he could protect her. Kei had even started keeping the gun in the house, he'd taken it from the car and kept it in the nightstand on his side of the bed. When he brought it into the house he looked to Shoyo, knowing the ginger didn't really approve of firearms, and explained how it would be used.

The two were sitting on the bed as Shoyo handed back the relatively heavy firearm, Natsu was in the bath and Kei wanted to tell Shoyo about what he was doing.

"This will only be used for emergencies only. An intruder in the house, a rabid animal if needed, nothing else. It will stay on my side of the bed because I have experience with shooting, but I'll be teaching you how to use it in case you really need it" Kei said, putting it in the nightstand on his side of the bed.

"And if Natsu finds it?" Shoyo asked worriedly.

"After dinner I'm gonna sit Natsu down on the couch and show it to her. I'll make sure she knows not to touch it and she won't know how the gun works till much later when I know she can handle it. Around fifteen, sixteen at most. I promise, this will stay out of her hands. She won't even touch it" Kei explained, holding Shoyo's hand tightly. He nodded his head silently and somehow felt relieved. Shoyo never liked guns, weapons in general freaked him out, but he felt safer with it in the house with Kei.

The gun followed them to whatever room the three slept in for that night, stayed on Kei's side of whatever they decided to sleep on whether it be the couch, the floor, a bed, whatever. The safety stayed on and within arms length but not too close. Shoyo fell asleep just as the clock struck midnight, making the blond smile. The two gingers started taking small dosages of melatonin at night to help them fall asleep, Kei didn't bother. He didn't have the nightmares like the siblings did, so he sacrificed his sleep to let them feel safe. That was all that mattered, their safety, how they felt, how they were healing.