Chapter Fifteen ~ Me

Third Pov
Since Natsu's birthday, two years had passed. Kei and Shoyo were Third years and they had both changed. There wasn't much that they couldn't do together and taking care of Natsu was one of them. They rarely argued, but when they did it was bickering that could be handled with level heads and civil conversation. Natsu had learned what a real relationship looked like. She learned how to properly treat a spouse during the past two years.

Natsu had become close friends with Akane Yamamoto and joined her Junior Highs volleyball team. Akane, Yuu, Kei, and Shoyo were her biggest supporters and throughout it all she succeeded in every area she could because of them. So, when Kei sat Natsu down in the park that she'd been going to since befores he could remember, she had full confidence that Kei was going to give her news she would love.

"Natsu I know that I've been saying this for nearly three years now, but I need to ask you before I want to ask you something," Kei was nervous, but Natsu simply smiled and nodded. Kei loved the Hinata family with all his heart, Natsu's smile made him reasssured that she would respond positively to the question. Seeing as Natsu could see he was nervous, she took Kei's hand.

"Papa, you know that you don't have to be nervous. You've been taking care of Sho and I for years. Whatever it is you wanna ask, I'm sure that it'll be okay. It's just me, there's nothing to be scared or nervous about." Natsu had calmed down Kei's aching nerves. He pulled out a small box and handed it to Natsu. He couldn't say that he wanted to marry Shoyo. The thought seemed so selfish and even after three years of encouragement to speak up and exit his shell he still struggled. The important things in life that he wanted were the hardest to express. It never looked like it, but Kei was anxious a lot so he never really spoke up to what was important to him.

Natsu looked down at the box and slowly examined it. A soft black velvet covered it and it looked as soft as it felt. There was nothing that Kei wanted more than for Natsu to look inside and smile. So she slowly opened the box and smiled. A single black tungsten ring with a 4 mm long strip of red in the center of it. The inside of the ring was a beautiful red that matched the color of the strip on the outside. Kei had a matching ring that was green and black in his school bag. The two had gone straight from Natsu's school to the park near their home after the school day had ended. So, slowly Natsu opened up the box. Her eyes had widened in schock

"Papa, it's amazing.... Are you gonna propose to Shoyo?" The girl asked, making Kei nod. That was all Natsu needed before pulling him into a tight hug.

"He'll definitely say yes, you're his practically his soulmate papa. You better keep your promise and adopt me!" She told him, making Kei nod. He had been so nervous that he couldn't speak, the hug and her words made him confident that Shoyo would say yes. He'd already figured out how he would propose. Karasuno was going to Nationals - the big leagues, and it had been due to the quicks that Shoyo had built up with Tobio, Kei, and some other younger students. Before the game would start Kei would propose. It would be a quiet proposal, but Natsu would be helping him with his plan.

"Will you help me ask him then?" Kei asked, knowing she would already say yes. That was how the plan was made. Natsu and Kei planned out what they would be doing that day and when they got home Shoyo was left in confusion at Natsu's excitement.

---
The day of nationals came and there was a chittering of excitement throughout the team. Sawamura, Koushi, Yuu, Ryunosuke, Chikara, and other people who had already graduated showed up. Kei's mother had even come and congratulated Shoyo. She had been vague on what she was congratulating the ginger for, but Shoyo had accepted it anyway. Everyone was in on the proposal, they were all going to contribute to confusing Shoyo or hinting at the proposal in some way, even the referee's knew. So as Natsu talked with Yuu and Akane about the matches to come, Kei was setting up his plan. Natsu currently had the wedding ring stored away safely in her pocket of her Libero uniform that she got from Nishinoya, wrapping paper was around it like a present. It was if she was going to be giving Shoyo a gift for making it so far in the tournament, Kei's present would be his boyfriends reply. Hopefully a yes.