~CHAPTER 1~

THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR CLICKING ON THIS STORY TO READ! Enjoy :)

"I don't know what we are, but I miss what we were."

One

•Killer eyes•

Life is so merciless sometimes. When we expect that nothing bad will happen or everything is properly planned, something unexpected happens, like always.

Something like that happened to me too. Here I am, with my hands paining like hell because of continuously carrying luggage with Layla for three hours straight.

Our car broke down in the middle of nowhere. My hands were sweating and red imprint of the bag strap was evident on them.

At the time of leaving home, I had dressed nice but now my hair was hurriedly gathered in a bun at the top of my head, jacket wrapped around my waist. I have worked for half an hour on my winged eyeliner but the sunglasses hid it perfectly. Sarcasm. My lip gloss is erased because of shouting and huffing-puffing.

I had put my high heels in a plastic bag and put on my converse instead.

"Finally!" Layla groaned. I nodded my head in agreement too tired to speak.

Infront of us stood the huge building.
"Stem Helix University."

We made our way towards it. As soon as I opened the glass doors of the office, the cool air of the AC hit me with full force. I almost sighed in pure bliss.

We went straight to the reception and the lady behind the desk asked us to give her our IDs. I handed my ID to Layla.

I fish out my phone from my back pocket and goes off texting my brother. I sat on the the trolley, careful to not make the trolley slide by my weight and make a fool out of myself.

I felt like someone is scratching my throat. Water. I reached for my bottle unconsciously and took it out of my bag pack. I flipped off the cap and sucked from the top, not getting anything, I frowned. On opening the bottle and found nothing inside.

I looked towards Layla and saw her getting all frustrated with the receptionist. I look around and found a water tank and grin victoriously.

I kept my hand on her shoulder and got off of the trolley. Silently, making her know that I was going. My phone buzzed with a new message from Matt, my elder brother. I typed back a reply while walking.

Someone bumped into me from behind, making my phone crash on the floor and my bottle slipped from my hand and making a loud ear piercing sound.

"Oh shit," I whispered looking at my phone but suddenly I felt something cold on my back and cried out loud,"What the--".

I grab a fist full of my shirt from the back and pulled it up, preventing the liquid from touching my skin. Angrily, I turned around and saw a boy looking wide-eyed at me

Frowning, hands fisted, sunglasses sliding down a little from my nose. "Pick. That. Up. Now." I pointed towards my phone angrily.

The boy had the nerve to look surprised. I ignored the remains of the drink on my back that was giving me a little sticky feeling.I had worn black top on so the drink stain was not that evident.

He did so and  I snatched my phone from his hand, giving it a quick eye scan herself. I then turned around to go back to the reception, thirst dead already.

"Hey! your water bottle." I turn around once again only to come face to face with him.

I folded my hands and replied back mockingly,"Thankyou prince Charming."