~CHAPTER-7~

"If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we are lost in future." - brainyquotes.com

Seven
•You don't belong there•

"You sure you don't want me to drop you off?"

"No, I'll be alright." I gave Liam a tight-lipped smile.

I started walking down the hallway.

"Quinn!" I turn around. He was leaning against his doorway. I rose my eyebrows in question.

"See you around?" He looked absolutely nervous, while saying this.

I smiled inwardly, but kept my face emotionless, "We'll see, Liam."

It was quite dark outside so I speed up. I saw a silhouette coming from the opposite direction. I avoided eye contact and made sure to walk at a nice distance from him.

"Watch out hun, wild dogs roam around the campus late night." I shivered in disgust. Ethan.

And just like that he disappeared in the dark.

I reached my room and opened the door, Layla was talking to Oliva.

"Oh, Q, you're back."

"What happened?"

They both asked at the same time.

I decided to answer Oliva's question.

"Nothing much, it's just Liam was not feeling well so I helped him a little." I moved to sit beside Layla on the bed.

"So, what you are saying is that you just stay with someone,you met 1 day before,for the whole evening?" I could hear judgement in her voice.

"I am tired, let's talk tomorrow."  I pleaded. She scoffed but didn't argue. Oliva's phone blinked with a message and her eyes lit up, but as soon as she saw the message she looked irritated. She tossed her phone on the bed.

I decided to study a little and sat on my study table.

Half an hour later, Oliva's phone ringed. She picked up and tried to focus on my books again.

"Hello, Liam." She put emphasis on his name.

I tensed up instantly.

Then followed a series of yes and ok. I was getting curious by the second. I felt Oliva move a little closer to me.

"Ok... So you want to meet up right now at this hour." My eyes widened but I focused on my books.

"Yeah, I am coming." I grabbed the edge of the table from dragging her back into the room.

I heard shuffling behind me and then she said, "Q, I am going to meet Liam right now. Do you want me to pass any message for you?" She asked in a sickly sweet voice.

"No." I replied harshly but then turned around and gave her a forced smile to lighten the impact. I watch her move out of the door, looking overly excited.

It was really hard to concentrate on books after that. I signed, giving up on studying after 15 minutes of staring at the same word. Lay was already knocked out.

If I just take a peek out of my window, maybe I'll be able to see them.

I move towards the window and slide open the glass. I searched the campus for any sign of Oliva's blonde head.

I let out of frustrated sign and closed the window when I found none. Let's just see how tomorrow goes.

.
.
.