~CHAPTER-4~

"And sometimes against all odds, against all logic, we still hope." ~Curiano.com

Four
The untold story of every girl•

Luckily, he didn't follow. I didn't need any type of confrontation at the moment. I slowed my pace upon seeing a garden. It was built near the auditorium. The grass was freshly cut. Red, pink and white roses were grown along the border of the garden.

Finding the grass oddly comfortable, I sat down on the grass. I take in a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air and close my eyes enjoying my own company.

"Damn, girl, you run like a..."

I jumped in surprise. I snapped my eyes open. I looked behind and saw Dustin with his hands resting on his knees, gasping for air. He stopped mid sentence upon seeing me startled.

"Um... I was there in the audi. Congrats. I guess." He looked uncomfortable.

I hummed in response.

"So what happened?"

I shrugged.

"Okay, so how about this one, I didn't know you sang this well. I mean you basically are a shorter version of Ed Sheeran... And a hotter version too." He winked.

Wasn't gender the main difference here?

I chuckled on the compliment.

"Well, I guess I can sing well but I really didn't realise it until... I met someone, I was like four at that time, I still remember that day like... like it was just yesterday," I replied dwelling into the memories.

•Flashback•

"Hey, you!" A boy called out as I was swinging back and forth.

He looked a year or something older than me but appeared much more mature.

"Me?" I asked in a small voice.

"Yes, you."

I stopped the swing and got off. He took my hand and made me sit on the bench.

"Read this out for me." He said staring intensely at my face, still clutching my hand tightly. He handed me a story book.

"Why? Can't you?" I asked out of confusion.

"I can but I don't want to."

I wanted to play. I didn't want to read some beary story.

My mother's voice rang at the back of my head,'You have to be kind to make new friends, Quinn'

"Okay." I took the book from him.

"The Beauty and the Beast." I read out loud. Soon, I found myself enjoying the book.

"Your voice is amazing." I blushed.

"Jax, I want her with me in my singing lessons from now on." The boy said to bulky, black clothed man who was standing behind us the whole time. The man just gave him a simple nod.

"What's your name, Beauty?" The boy smiled down at me.

"Quinn, but call me Q."