Chapter 1: A Bad Beginning

It's been four months since Jack's escape, and it's been quite lonely ever since. Elizabeth spends most of her free time with Will. He's been teaching her how to handle a sword. He says she's a slow learner, but he says she's been getting better and better. I got to say I'm quite surprised. I thought she would learn as fast as I have, but I guess I learn faster than she does. Maybe it's because I have pirate in my blood.

About a month later there was a knock on the front door. I was in my room reading a book when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I call. My father came in. "What can I do for you, Father?" I ask as I put my book down on the desk.

"Cutler Beckett is here to see you," he says. When he says this my heart starts to race. I sigh.

"I'll be down in a minute.  I just need to freshen up a bit," I say.

"Okay. Just don't be too long. You know he's not a patient man," Father says then leaves the room probably to tell Beckett that I'll be right down.

It took me about ten minutes to freshen up, but maybe a little longer because I was slightly panicking. I didn't want to be anywhere near Beckett, but what choice do I have. Once I was finished, I came walking down the stairs. Beckett was waiting for me by the front door.

"It's been a while, my love," Beckett says with a grin.

"It sure has," I say coolly.

"Now, now. Is that really how to greet your fiancé?" He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Hello Cutler Beckett. How are you?" I ask with a straight face.

"That's more like it. Come. Let's take a walk," he says with his arm out for me to take. I give him a pained expression thinking about what happened the last time we went for a walk. He notices my expression. "Don't worry. I won't do anything." I don't really believe him but take his arm anyway. "I see that you're wearing the ring I sent you," he says. I give him a nod in return.

We then walk out the door and through the gate. We walk for several minutes without saying a word before he takes me into an alleyway and shoves me against a wall. I let out a gasp.

"You've been a very naughty girl, what shall I do with you," Beckett says with a smirk.

"Whatever do you mean?" I ask innocently. He then slaps me across the face. I groan feeling the sting.

"Oh, you know exactly what I mean, Miss Swann. I heard that you, your sister, and Mr. Turner freed a pirate from being hung," he says coldly.

"So what if we did. He's free, that's all that matters," I say coolly. Beckett groans angrily.

"If I don't know any better, I say you've got feelings for the pirate," he says angrily.

"What feelings?" I ask innocently, but that earns me another slap across the face. I groan again.

"Stop acting so innocently and start telling me the truth!" He says demandingly.

"Okay fine. I love Captain Jack Sparrow, and he loves me as well. Satisfied," I snap. He then slaps me again. "Stop slapping me!" I shout with a hand on my cheek.

"Don't get smart with me," he says angrily. I huff and roll my eyes at him. "I have a punishment in mind for you," he says. I start to panic.

"What?! No! Please no!" I say in a panic.

"No, not that," Beckett says as if he knows what I've been thinking. "I think we should get married... tonight!"

"No, I thought we were going to wait!" I yell.

"Well, I changed my mind," he says with a smirk.

"You bastard!" I shout angrily and slap him across the face, but he backhands me back even harder.

"You will respect me, Miss Swann, and you will marry me whether you like it or not,' he says angrily.

"I would rather marry someone I love because the thought of marrying you makes me sick," I say in disgust.

"What? The pirate?" He asks with a smirk.

"Exactly," I say coolly.

"Well, that's not going to happen because you'll be marrying me," he says grabbing me and holds tightly to my arm and drags me out of the alleyway.