Chapter 11: Elizabeth's Escape and Father's Capture

Elizabeth's POV

I was in a cell still in my wedding dress with creeps looking at me. I thought about Will and if he's going to find Jack. I also thought about Maria and if she's alright. I looked up when I heard my cell being opened.

"Come quickly," father says demandingly. I stand up and follow him.

"Are you going to tell me what's happening?" I ask demandingly while we're running down the hall.

"Our name still has some standing with the king. I've arranged passage to England. The captain is a friend of mine," Father says.

"No! Will has gone to find Jack!" I say angrily stopping in my tracks.

"We cannot count on William Turner. Come!" Father says taking my arm.

"He's better than you give him credit for," I say.

"This is no time for innocence. Beckett has offered one pardon only – one, and that is promised to Jack Sparrow. Even if Will succeeds, do not ask me to endure the sight of my daughter walking to the gallows. Do not," Father says opening the door to the carriage and I get in. "Perhaps I can ensure a fair trial for Will if he returns."

"A fair trial for Will ends in a hanging," I say.

"Then there is nothing left for you here," he says, but before he closes the door, he looks at me. "Forgive me. I couldn't stop Beckett from marrying Maria even if I could."

"I know," I say sadly.

"I told her about this, and she's been telling me what's Beckett been doing to her," he says looking guilty.

"So you knew what Beckett did to her two years ago, didn't you?" I say angrily.

"I know, and I'm sorry I ignored it," he says. I nod at him to tell him I forgive him and that was the end of our conversation, and he closes the door to the carriage.

While Father is taking me to the docks, I decided I can't leave Will. I open the door and jump out of the carriage.

I run all the way to Beckett's house and sneak in. I sneak into a room that I know is Beckett's study. I go to the desk and open a small chest and see letters. I open one and see that they're letters of marque signed by the king.

I hear footsteps close by and I quickly snatch the letters and hide in the shadows.

I hear someone come into the room and see that it's Beckett. He stops at his desk and looks into the chest that I took the letters from.

"No doubt you've discovered that loyalty is no longer the currency of the realm, as your father believes," he says obviously discovering that it's me.

"Then what is?" I ask revealing myself to him.

"I'm afraid currency is the currency of the realm."

"I expect, then, we can come to some sort of understanding. I'm here to negotiate."

We both start to approach each other. I notice a bruise on his eye from where Maria punched him.

"I'm listening," he says, and I pull out a pistol and point it to his head. "I'm listening intently," he states. He glances at the pistol then back at me with worry in his eyes.

"These letters of marque, they are signed by the king," I say while holding up the letters.

"Yes, and they're not valid until they bear my signature and my seal," he says.

"Or else I would not still be here. You sent Will to get you the compass owned by Jack Sparrow. It will do you no good."

"Do explain."